LJ Humphrey

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by Buck-Horn, Nov 11, 2018.

1. VYFan

VYFan 2,500+ Posts

I think Johnson is the more guaranteed NFL player.

2. Mesohorny

Mesohorny 1,000+ Posts

FWIW - and this is no bs - my sister has worked for several years at the players' families gate at DKR for Texas Sports. She has gotten to know several of the families including LJH 's mom. My sis told her "We sure do need Lil'Jordan to be here next year" to which she replied "Oh, he's coming back. He's going to get his degree."
    Again, no made-up ********.

She has also said that Michael Jordan is her favorite athlete, so when LJH was born, she christened him Lil'Jordan in honor of Big Jordan.

:hookem:

• Like Like x 8
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. NRHorn

NRHorn 2,500+ Posts

Really? Geez.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. ProdigalHorn

ProdigalHorn 10,000+ Posts

Glad she finally cleared that one up.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  5. coolhookem

coolhookem < 25 Posts

Longtime lurker first time poster. With the injury to Sam several games ago-- which obviously affected his decision making to run/not to run-- why hasn't the coaching staff used LJH in the wildcat formation. He absolutely has the skill set.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  6. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

The bigger question is why didn't Shane play?

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. coolhookem

coolhookem < 25 Posts

True and mix in LJH as a run pass
    Option on third and short

8. wadster

wadster 5,000+ Posts

and finally. Don't friggin hold when LJH is running back kickoffs. Just don't do it.

• Like Like x 3
  9. ProdigalHorn

Would have liked to have seen this as well. I'm trying to remember when we stopped doing this, pretty sure we did it in the first two or three games and then it disappeared - maybe because the power QB game was working so well, and also they wanted to mix the jump pass into the set.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Dionysus

Dionysus Idoit Admin

:e-thinking:

• poop poop x 7
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. longhorn47

longhorn47 500+ Posts

Vrabel/LaFleur have done that with Derrick Henry with quite a bit of success this season.

12. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Have seen one report give Lil’Jordan Humphrey a 3-4th round grade
    The scout noted position, speed and off-field concerns.

13. rick mueller

rick mueller Burnt Orange Bleeder

I wonder what the off field issues are. Anyone got a clue?

14. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

There are none. That's a brain dead scout, or a faulty report.

• Like Like x 2
  15. X Misn Tx

X Misn Tx 2,500+ Posts

what in the heck would those be?

do y'all ever think bias (read racism) plays into those flippant comments?

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. wadster

wadster 5,000+ Posts

If he's a 3rd - 4th round selection he needs to come back. Really only played 2 years of college ball.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. ProdigalHorn

I think he was late for practice one time or something and had to sit out some of a game? Clearly a ticking time bomb, if that's the case.

• Funny Funny x 5
  18. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

I think they are referring to the rumors from last year he was considering a transfer. He was supposedly unhappy with his position coach -- some suggested he even hated Mehringer (worth noting he was not our only WR who did not get on well with Meh).

So Herman moved Meekins to coach the inside receivers. Fast forward, he had a great season and now loves playing for Texas so much he may stay another season

• Like Like x 3
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2018
  19. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

There has been some chatter that we might move him outside if he stays for 2019. We have 2 very promising slots coming in as freshmen (Jake and JWhit), plus LJH outside would give the NFL that extra film on him they seem to want. Right now, they are saying they are unsure what his position would be.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. 4th_floor

4th_floor Dude, where's my laptop?

Why would you say that?

21. theiioftx

theiioftx Sponsor Deputy

ESPN's top 50 players of 2018 did not include one Longhorn. I hope LJ, Collin and Sam all read that and give a little demonstration of what's coming in 2019 in NOLA.

22. dukesteer

dukesteer 5,000+ Posts

They were probably all picked by Herbie. I haven’t seen the list but let me guess: At least two from tOSU (probably more), 1-2 from MI and at least 10 but probably more from the SEC?

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. X Misn Tx

X Misn Tx 2,500+ Posts

Ok. It just seems like Hager is a lot like Dez (that's not a criticism, just a mixed bag) but he's never described like Dez. For all intents and purposes, LJH is a good dude. Just makes me question when a journalist writes something like that.

And , if journalists are going to write like that about a player's character, then I'm going to feel okay questioning theirs.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2018
  24. beijinghorn1

beijinghorn1 500+ Posts

The list would basically be the first 2 rounds of the next draft and your assessment is probably unfair to SEC as Bama and Georgia will combine to have at least 10 first and second rounders. I do not like all the SEC hype as I think Bama deserves 90% of the hype and the rest of the conference is on par with everyone else. But until someone unseats Bama, the talk will not stop

25. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

There will be10 just from Alabama.

26. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

And that's why they'll continue to get every recruit they want (I didn't say offer) which will keep them automatic #1 in the polls. Gonna be very interesting to see when their cycle starts to falter. I'd say not till Saban retires, even then will take a few years.