Lobbyists now get your $$ another broken promise

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by 911_horn, Jul 27, 2009.

1. 911_horn

911_horn 500+ Posts

Is there a promise he has not yet broken. I know this is probably Bush's fault and all, but geez. this guy is a walking, talking contradiction without any principles at all

In a significant change, the Obama administration will now allow lobbyists to meet and have telephonic discussions with government officials regarding economic recovery projects.

The lifting of the ban comes after K Street has cried foul for months and has challenged the White House on its restrictions.

2. MirrOlure

MirrOlure 500+ Posts

So far, Obama's "promises" remind me of a Newspaper...........

One day, we get Front Page/Headline material, and several days or weeks later, the corrections appear in the bottom corner of page E-17.

3. YoLaDu

YoLaDu Guest

i don't remember seeing posts from you giving huge props to Obama when he made this pledge in March. Seems odd that you would be so disappointed over this.

What other Obama pledges/promises you supported have also been broken?

I don't understand the line of reasoning:

---I dislike everything he stands for, i won't vote for him. Now i am really super pissed, he has broken pledges that i never supported in the first place.---

4. ProdigalHorn

ProdigalHorn 10,000+ Posts

Yo your argument doesn't make any sense. One of the main reasons Obama got elected was the idea of being a "new" type of candidate, who was going to rein in the lobbyists and special interests and govern differently. So when that guy is doing the same old stuff and clearly didn't mean any of what he said, why is it strange that people would highlight it?

There are plenty of people who voted for Obama on those issues, but they're not hearing anything about it in the media so likely would just assume he's doing what he said he'd do. So I have no issue with someone calling him on it, and frankly I'm surprised that you do.

5. YoLaDu

YoLaDu Guest

i don't mind anyone calling it out at all. Call it out all you want; doesn't mean i understand why people feel so vested in being upset about it.

6. 911_horn

911_horn 500+ Posts

I actually did appluad Obama on here for keeping lobbyist out. Of course the next week he nominated Daschle as HHS and pretty much put to bed any real meaning behind his lofty promise of keeping lobbyists out of his admin. He went on to nominate and employ a bunch more so it is not like this is a new break of his pledge. It is just more of the same, but more overt giving away of tax dollars to these leeches he assured us would have no place in his business. again an unpricinpled man. don't have to be associated with either party to see that.

7. YoLaDu

YoLaDu Guest

8. gecko

gecko 2,500+ Posts

If you are in the "Obama is an idiot" camp....then this is another example of a broken promise.

If you are part of the "hope and change" crowd...its no big deal, everybody does it, Bush was worse.

....and so it goes.....

9. TexonLongIsland

TexonLongIsland 2,500+ Posts

the more broken promises the better, tbh.

Anyway - do you really want to reduce lobbyists’ influence? Destroy the reason they thrive. Shrink the government, don't expand it.

10. MaduroUTMB

MaduroUTMB 2,500+ Posts

11. Oilfield

Oilfield Guest

So if you are a BHO supporter, what exactly are you happy about at this point? Yes, I know, "He's not Bush" is probably your #1 feature of the Obama administration. But, it you look at the key issues in which Obama is currently polling favorably, his policies are pretty darn close to those of GWB.

12. Oilfield

Oilfield Guest

13. matt8209

matt8209 100+ Posts

"Hope and Change". Thanks for the laugh.

14. IRC

IRC 1,000+ Posts

In reply to:

15. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

16. YoLaDu

YoLaDu Guest