Longhorn Basketball 2016-17

Discussion in 'Men’s Basketball' started by sbmcruise, Mar 19, 2016.

1. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

hadn't realized this was the thread for recruiting.
    Horns will host a recruit on Oct. 20 and have several other visits scheduled.
    http://www.hookem.com/2016/09/30/4-star-texas-hoops-recruit-set-visit-texas-tip-off-event-oct-20/

2. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

The opening scrimmage will be on LHN this year.

3. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 2
  4. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 4
  5. sbmcruise

sbmcruise 100+ Posts

I was hoping for a point guard.

6. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

7. UTExinPDX

UTExinPDX 1,000+ Posts

Welcome to UT, Jase, Royce, and Jericho! :hookem2:

8. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

I only caught parts of the UIW game, but of those parts I did see --
    (1) Allen looked very good at times. He already has some advanced skills around the basket.
    (2) Overall, however, the team did not look ready. They were unorganized. The Xs and Os part was lacking. But it's a very young team generally.

Every coach is different. We are never able to know whether one coach's approach is better until we have the benefit of hindsight. But I am willing to admit, as of this moment, I am a little troubled by what I see. One thing for certain, Smart handles players in a completely different manner than our last coach. Rick's approach was not working in the end. Unfortunately, this does necessarily mean that Smart's opposite approach will translate into better results. It's different, but is it better? We will see. Fingers crossed.

9. Run Pincher

Run Pincher 2,500+ Posts

This is going to be a rebuilding year. You just simply can't lose 6 starters/key contributors and not expect it to be a rebuilding year. Even if we had KD, Lamarcus, DJ, TJ and Bradley all coming in as freshmen they're still going to be freshmen.

I do believe Shaka is the real deal, unlike Charlie, but it's going to take some time when most of the talent is freshmen/soph. The problem though I fear is with NBA rules so many players leaving early, ready or not, is that they're gone right before they really start to blossom.

Sometimes I wonder with BB and baseball if it's not better to have players ranked around 50-150 that are going to stay 3-4 years than top 10 players that only give us a year.

10. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

Don't forget sophomores Mack and Roach were suspended for the game.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

12. car54

car54 1,000+ Posts

That doesn't seem to bother teams like Kentucky, Duke, Louisville, etc etc.....They reload and keep on winning.

13. caryhorn

caryhorn 5,000+ Posts

Uh, dude, I hate to break it to you, but it took those teams many years, and I mean decades, to get to that place. Why don't you troll somewhere else, ok? Maybe you just fell off the turnip truck of sports.

How old are you? Did you know that UK has a bb tradition that goes back over 60 years; Louisville over 50; and Duke over 30. Those are dedicated Bb programs. But you knew all that, right???

I'm sure you were just jerking our chains, right??? You couldn't be that ignorant. Could you??? Really???

Last edited: Nov 29, 2016