Longhorn Foundation all time high - 14,773+ members

Discussion in 'In The Stands' started by PecosBill, Sep 10, 2015.

1. PecosBill

PecosBill 1,000+ Posts

2. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

1) how many did they lose and
    2) how many did the minimum $50 and will never give another dime

3. PecosBill

PecosBill 1,000+ Posts

The article states a total of 14,773 members with 400 new members in the first week of September so that would be the current number of members.
    The $38.8 million for fiscal 2014-2015 is listed as the record amount raised by LHF so the members who cancelled their membership and donations have been replaced with new members and donations.

4. majorwhiteapples

majorwhiteapples 5,000+ Posts

The Loyalty program is keeping people on the books for another year. If you read the fine print of the Loyalty program, you can skip your donation this year and start back up next year at the same place.

Patterson double talk again. The increase in money is interesting as the date is 2014-2015, is that the school year?

5. PecosBill

PecosBill 1,000+ Posts

So if you skip your donation this year those funds are zero.
    Total for fiscal 2014 - 2015 is $38.8 million record.
    Fiscal is Sept 2014 to Aug 2015 for school year is my guess.
    An increase in members of 2800+/- for a total of 14,773 a new record resulting in $38.8 million in LHF donations.

Could be double talk but many new members joined and new record for membership and donations.

6. PecosBill

PecosBill 1,000+ Posts

I guess my surprise was that with all the talk online of people reducing their LHF donations, cancelling tickets, etc that an increase in membership and donations was not expected much less to record levels.

7. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

LHF membership doesn't necessarily mean they will be season ticket purchasers. While the LHF may have made a lot of money, the numbers from season ticket sales sure appears to have taken a dive, based on all the package deals and still being able to get tickets to the games without purchasing a season ticket.

8. Brad Austin

Brad Austin 2,500+ Posts

Guess a whole lot of newcomers drank the Patterson Kool-aid and are feeling like fools already. They got all excited for their maiden season only to see a limp, confused team get pistol whipped by Leprechauns.

SP should be worried about the end result of replacing longtime supporters with newbies. Once they suffer through what's likely to be 7 losses again, the chances of those types coming back are far less than the ones who were here for years before he ran them off.

9. JesterSurvivor

JesterSurvivor 25+ Posts

This is not that hard to understand.

A tale of four donors, three sitting in Section 8 and one sitting in section 6.

The three in Section 8 have been contributing $200 per year to LHF and ordering two tickets. The one in Section 6 has been contributing $1,000 per year. All are grandfathered. Total LHF donation for all four is $1,600.

1. Section 6 sits this year out for reasons that may or may not be related to Steve P. One guy in Section 8 wants to move up to his spot. New donation level is $5,000 to move ($2,500 per ticket).

2. Second guy in Section 8 stands pat and buys Not For Resale Tickets, New donation same as the last. $200.

3. The third guy in Section 8 really wants to resell his tickets because he cannot make it to very many games this year. He bought int the hype this Spring. So he contributes $800 this year to get tickets that can be resold. New donation level is $800.

4. New donor takes over two of the now available seats in Section 8. Donation level is $800.

Net result: 2014 LHF for these 8 seats was $1,600. 2015 LHF for thee 8 seats is $6,800. An increase of $5,200.

And the LHF picked up a new member.

The goal this year was 15 in '15 - meaning 15,000 members by the end of the year. Steve has not yet reached his goal. The goal in 2014 was to raise $36.9 million. Let's assume that the LHF hit that goal in 2014. If the example I gave above was duplicated 366 times, that's an additional $1.9 million for the program. $1.9 million plus $36.9 million equals the new record of $38.8.

But I'm sure y'all remember that Steve stated that one guy complained about the new policy and then after Steve sweet talked him, wrote a check for $750,000. Let's assume that was new money (because I'm a dick and this assumption hurts Patterson). That leaves "just" $1,150,000 to be raised via examples like the four guys above. The above example would have to be repeated 222 times to raise $1.9 million.

Damn I love math - it can tell the real story if you ask it to..
    Assume the guy that gave Steve the $750,000 was not new money and was not even an increase in what the guy gave last year. Hell, let's assume that the guy gave $1,000,000 last year and cut that number by $250,000 because he does not like Patterson, but loves UT and did not want to be a jerk. So that means LHF raised $2.15 million from new members to get the $1.9 million increase and make up for the $250,000 lost from the guy that cut his donation. Ladies and Gentlemen, I'm here to tell you that $2.15 million divided by 1,400 (one half of the new members in 2014 and 2015) is about $1,500 per donor. Divided by two seats per donor and that's $750 per seat. That's more than enough to get you into Section 31 on the east side, but not enough to get you into Section 30 on the East side.

Bring your suntan lotion!

And all of the above assumes that new parking revenue is not included in the LHF donation money.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2015
  10. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

Picked up season tix at Belmont this afternoon. A guy in front of me asked if there were tix available? Lady told him a bunch, where did he want to sit. Lower deck $100, north EZ $65.

11. JesterSurvivor

JesterSurvivor 25+ Posts

Did she also collect his LHF donation on the spot?

Kidding- he did not make one. He just paid less that anyone who did to get the same tickets that LHF members get. Nice. New donors galore, but lots of new empty seats. Someone is not being totally honest, but I'm guessing the lady at the ticket window would pass a lie detector test.

12. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

Nope! Not needed!

13. majorwhiteapples

majorwhiteapples 5,000+ Posts

Next year when all the LHF members are off the books you will set a negative number for LHF members. I can see how the $$$ went up in the short term but they are going to need a whole bunch of short term members to keep that number up.

• Like Like x 1