LONGHORN NETWORK

Discussion in 'In The Stands' started by earl77, Aug 1, 2021.

1. horninchicago

horninchicago 10,000+ Posts

Just checked the Guide to see that, once again they are showing "Big 12 Media Days". Who on here seriously cares about and watches what the coaches from the Big12!Big12!Big12! have to say?

I could maybe see this being broadcast once, when live. To show this over and over again just pints to how desperate they have become for content. After the show at 1 pm they are shoeing the 2009 Tech game.

Yay.

2. Driver 8

Driver 8 Amor Fati

There was never going to be enough fresh content to make LHN very interesting

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. horninchicago

Well, at least the media day isn't West Mall worthy like the LBJ crap, etc.

• Like Like x 1
  4. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

As long as the checks keep coming and don't bounce I don't care what they show other than baseball.

5. horninchicago

No one told me I should be getting checks.

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

I've been cashing them for you

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Hot Hot x 2
  7. horninchicago

Thanks, I'll collect on the 26th.

8. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

Maybe they can put some live intramural flag football on there this Fall or something. ESPN and company really bought a bum steer with this one.

9. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

No problem. I have already spent the money, but I'll be glad to share "stories" about how it was spent and the great times I enjoyed.

:beertoast:

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

Or since Disney owns ESPN, maybe they’ll have another outlet to start showing Disney shows.
    :popcorn::lmao:

11. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

No wonder that blonde was so glad to see you.

12. I_Dont_Exist

I_Dont_Exist 1,000+ Posts

I said it was a boondoggle from the word go.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

Admittedly, I do not now, nor have I ever had LHN, BUT $300 million buys a lot of "boondoggle"

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. yelladawgdem

yelladawgdem 2,500+ Posts

R-

You have always had a way with words.

:cowrose:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

I believe it would be a HORNswoggling...

• Hot Hot x 1
  16. I_Dont_Exist

I_Dont_Exist 1,000+ Posts

Provided their intent was to purchase a boondoggle they succeeded beyond their wildest dreams.

17. horninchicago

The Texas Gameday promo with Sark and the orthopedic shoes is bizarre. The music sucks, and it is just stupid. The music for any other promos sucks as well.

Same 10 commercials over and over. Longhorn legend spots are dealing with people no one has ver heard of yet they are somehow, gee I wonder why, legends.

18. utahorn

utahorn 500+ Posts

I stopped watching Texas Gameday this year (last year?). The new intro music does suck but it's not what I listen to. They did not ask my opinion on changing the music.

2 hours of analysis, really? I used to record it and burn through it in less than 45 minutes, then watch the game.

Someone mentioned this on the board and I thought the same thing when LHN was launched; not just the big three sports and not just sports exclusively. I thought they would have programming on the campus, college life, professors talking about what is taught and why those topics are important to the world around us.

Of the latter, there have been a few, but very few. It is ESPN - Entertainment and Sports Programming Network. Even though ESPN has dropped the Entertainment part from their early days and now focuses on Sports Programming, based on what I had read, I thought LHN might be different.

What is presented is the same programming being repeated. It's like 1970's summer TV reruns over and over.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

I catch the post game coach presser and the Monday meeting with the the media. If they carry a football game, I watch that and some baseball, basketball and softball when they carry it. The rest is all reruns over and over ad nauseam.

• Agree Agree x 1