Longhorns #2

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by Horn69, Jun 25, 2014.

1. Horn69

Horn69 2,500+ Posts

Longhorns go 1-1 vs Vandy while Virginia goes 1-2. By the powers vested in me after the Mavs were the only NBA playoff team to take the Spurs to 7 games, I pronounce the UT baseball team to be the 2nd best team in the land!

Hook'em!!! [​IMG]

2. notanative

notanative 1,000+ Posts

[​IMG] Was wondering what impact that might have on the final rankings (though they are totally subjective and varied). Will also be interesting to see if we get a bump in the Directors' Cup standings when the figure baseball in the mix now that the CWS is over.

3. tejas77

tejas77 1,000+ Posts

Since we finished tied for 3rd in the CWS with Ol Miss, I think we would have tie breaker since UV swept through that bracket while we forced a deciding game, I'm thinking we will finish no better than #3 in the final polls.

4. notanative

notanative 1,000+ Posts

And all this from a team ranked around #20 before the post season!!!

It's always good to be a Longhorn - it's just that some times are better than others.

[​IMG]

5. accuratehorn

accuratehorn 10,000+ Posts

I don't see why we wouldn't finish #3 or #4 in the final polls, should be #3. We were a coin flip from winning the last game with Vanderbilt, and they stacked up very well against Virginia. Oh, what might have been.

6. johnnyg88

johnnyg88 500+ Posts

After watching Virginia kind of melt down against Vandy, it is obvious to me that we were definitely good enough this year to win it all, with a few clutch hits. I did not think this late in the season. Having Peters, possibly our best pitcher, would have made a difference as well. Hook'm baby. [​IMG]

7. UT Horn Fan

UT Horn Fan 500+ Posts

8. notanative

notanative 1,000+ Posts

We're #3 in the USA Today poll; Ole Miss is #4.

Not bad at all for a team whose ranking in the 'prev' column was 20.

[​IMG]

9. marley

marley 500+ Posts

The NCAA has Texas as the third place team in terms of RPI:

NCAA RPI

With a third-place finish, even the guy that decided that Strong was the best football coach/recruiter available in the entire country wouldn't be ready to end Augie's time at Texas.