Longhorns Commit Maalik Murphy Finishes 2nd At Elite 11 Finals

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by ronich, Jul 6, 2021.

1. ronich

ronich 100+ Posts

• Like Like x 6
  2. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

Sounds like his strengths are arm strength and accuracy--two of the hardest things to coach, and the makings of a very high ceiling QB. Reading defenses and coverages, chemistry with the WRs, putting the right touch on it, etc. will come with experience, coaching, and watching lots and lots of opponents' film.

• Like Like x 1
  3. 2003TexasGrad

2003TexasGrad Son of a Motherless Goat

Would have loved Cade. Not sure if he wanted to be here but Maalik has tons of upside.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Pomspoms

Pomspoms 5,000+ Posts

As for as I am concerned I will take the wait and see approach to Murphy cause I am not convinced he is the messiah due to a lack of experience

5. gahornphan

gahornphan 500+ Posts

I’ll believe he’s coming when the LOI fax has arrived. Carrington at USC is relentless. If Card gets the nod at qb and performs, my bet is Murphy will flip.

6. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

Physical tools?
    No need to wait and see.

Situational understanding of the game, plus quick decision-making that comes from experience and live reps?
    Definitely wait and see.

7. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

What's the story behind losing Carrington?

This program apparently has five mortal enemies: USC (Carrington), OU & A&M (obvious reasons), Alabama (Saban not liking Sark's poaching) and Ohio State (hated Herman and now have an in). These schools seem to be specifically exploiting whatever weaknesses we have.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. 2003TexasGrad

My guess with Carrington is he hated The Eyes and thinks it's racist.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • WTF? WTF? x 1
  9. longhornlegend

longhornlegend 1,000+ Posts

Carrington and Orlando were very close by all appearances so I suspect that is what pulled him to USC.

10. Duck Dodgers

Duck Dodgers 1,000+ Posts

Good then, another turd self-flushes. As I've said before, most turds are soft, and melt away with time, leaving only a **** stain on the bowl that's easy removed with a flush.

• poop poop x 1
  11. 2003TexasGrad

That wouldn't surprise me either.

12. Pomspoms

Pomspoms 5,000+ Posts

Nah, I believe he's coming. He has shown too much love, besides he wants to be coached by Sark and soak in that training.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Hot Hot x 1
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2021
  13. X Misn Tx

X Misn Tx 2,500+ Posts

14. Pomspoms

Pomspoms 5,000+ Posts

Is Murphy still going to play on the same team as last season or did he transfer to a better school/team?