Longhorns vs piggies

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by Pomspoms, Sep 11, 2021.

1. Creek

Creek 1,000+ Posts

Suckisian didn’t have this team ready for the physicality of the rivalry, and stayed with Card too long.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • poop poop x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. TexasFight86

TexasFight86 250+ Posts

Yea man, those Christians - dudes cannot play ball.

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. old65horn

old65horn 1,000+ Posts

there was some bad playing sprinkled in too.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

AND add . . . "it's harder if you're stupid."

• Funny Funny x 2
  5. Clean

Clean 5,000+ Posts

And Physically dominated on both sides of the ball.

• Agree Agree x 6
  6. Texas Lawhorn

Texas Lawhorn 100+ Posts

Feels like a four or five loss season for sure. I expect the recruiting momentum to die starting tomorrow. I can’t believe Texas does this every time.

7. old65horn

old65horn 1,000+ Posts

The OL still sucks. The receivers dropped balls. The DL cannot stop the run or rush the passer.

We have not stopped a 4th down run in 4 tries. They make it on 4th and 3 or 4,
    How long till hoops?

Last edited: Sep 11, 2021
  8. NJlonghorn

NJlonghorn 2,500+ Posts

We’ll never know how much it mattered, but this game could’ve been very different if the muffed punt happened 1 inch further from the sideline.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Hot Hot x 2
  9. AC

AC 2,500+ Posts

Maybe coaches and players thought Texas is better than they are. Due to last week. While Arkansas came in humble and very hungry.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. TexasFight86

TexasFight86 250+ Posts

We never got off the bus.

Oh yea, apparently they can’t spell “targeting” in Arkansas.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

Funny how much more fun it was to wonder how we could win those bowl games vs wondering how the heck we could lose this game so unexpectedly bad.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Pomspoms

Pomspoms 5,000+ Posts

We need to go to 4 down linemen. Was that the issue? Arkansas looked like Alabama against us. If our defensive linemen were gassed I thought we had a very good second defensive line.
    Or maybe we don't have the linebackers to fill the holes. I can still see those big holes in the line and they're running backs running through it. I'm so upset I'm going to make me a late-night hamburger.

13. old65horn

old65horn 1,000+ Posts

we need to see how bad we get our butts kicked in conference play. This may not be the low water mark.

We might need to go to the American conference

14. HornDawg1957

HornDawg1957 100+ Posts

I am reminded at this point that in Pete Kwiatkowski's first season at Washington, they gave up more than 35 points 3 times. The next six seasons, they gave up more than 35 points just twice.

I trust that despite tonight's result, in time he'll be able to right the defensive ship. I'll hope for improvement over the course of this season and keep the faith that better things are ahead.

• Like Like x 4
  15. Vol Horn 4 Life

Vol Horn 4 Life Good Bye To All The Rest!

Wouldn't have mattered. This was the most unprepared offense and offensive coaching staff I think I've ever seen in person except maybe route 66. It was clear from my seats the play calls were bland and Card couldn't make a decision nor find open receivers.

Quite frankly I thought the D did an admirable job of keeping it as close as they did as long as they could.

Also, it was rather pathetic Sark refused to make a QB change until the game was completely out of hand.

Lastly, as predicted by someone here, when the game got out of hand and the arkies drunk fat asses started taking their shirts off we had to leave. They weren't as cordial as they were before the game or even at halftime.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Pomspoms

Pomspoms 5,000+ Posts

I didn't say he couldn't play ball. I said he's soft. When i played ball i didnt have that spit and vinegar either. I understand his conflict.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • WTF? WTF? x 1
    • poop poop x 1
  17. erbutch

erbutch 500+ Posts

We do not have an offensive line. We have slow linebackers. Nothing has changed in 8 years. We still have the same problem. Now everyone in the big 12 will really want our heads because we are leaving the big 12. I predicted 8-4. I think we could be 6-6 this year.

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. TexasFight86

TexasFight86 250+ Posts

We’re not good in the LB department. Slow, missed tackles and secondary tackling, wow.

19. wadster

wadster 5,000+ Posts

good news is I'll be fishing Saturday's the rest of the year. Once it cools a bit and the lakes turn over I'm not wasting another Saturday watching this crap. I'm 61 years old and my cancer may be back. Surgery on Thurs to let me know. So I'm not wasting valuable time watching this crap until the team can put a product on the field worth my time. You never know how many Saturday's you have left and might as well do something I enjoy. Night game I may pick up. Might is the operative word. -- night.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. Orangeyman

Orangeyman 100+ Posts

WTH- “Christian reserved demeanor” is now somehow a trait correlated with underperforming QBs? You mean like Drew Brees, Colt McCoy, Russell Wilson, Sam Bradford, etc?

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  21. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

Sorry to hear that wad. Hoping the best outcome for you!

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  22. old65horn

old65horn 1,000+ Posts

Mitchel played well for Tenn today, Wish he had not transferred.

• Hot Hot x 1
  23. OrangeShogun

OrangeShogun 500+ Posts

I'm going to ask Colt McCoy to pray for you.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  24. moondog_LFZ

moondog_LFZ 5,000+ Posts

Well, this sucked.
    We aren't as good as I hoped we were.
    I'll wait to see how we rebound from this.
    Preseason expectations and hopes have been humbled.
    Lots of football left and we weren't playing for championship this year anyway.
    Let's hope this is a wake up call.
    Hookem!

• Like Like x 1
  25. Orangeyman

Orangeyman 100+ Posts

My comment intended as a reply to the previous poster who somehow thinks an”christian reserved demeanor- whatever the hell that is-somehow is a handicap for a QB.

26. WorsterMan

WorsterMan SEC here we come!!

I thought the D would carry this team more than the O, especially early in the season. Boy was I wrong, the D was exposed tonight!

• Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2021
  27. p_town_horn

p_town_horn 1,000+ Posts

Defensive line better learn backside contain quickly or else every team will kill us with the cutback. Louisiana’s big late TD was on the same cutback.

28. Luthor Billis

Luthor Billis 100+ Posts

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 3
  29. old65horn

old65horn 1,000+ Posts

Guess we are a volleyball school now.

• Funny Funny x 2
  30. Vol Horn 4 Life

Vol Horn 4 Life Good Bye To All The Rest!

Well, we have hope in baseball.

• Funny Funny x 1