Look to the future

Discussion in 'Women’s Basketball' started by TEX53INTENN, Feb 17, 2008.

1. TEX53INTENN

TEX53INTENN 25+ Posts

Im confident our program is in great hands.Gail and her recruits are our future and any thing worthwhile takes time and patience.Nevertheless,I have come to the conclusion that
    our #1 class of a few years ago was highly over rated.Sure
    we have sustained serious injuries,but that does'nt excuse
    such inconsistent play and being unable to come together as
    a team.
    Next year I believe four players on our current squad are going to be key---no five: Ashley,Brittainy,Carla,Erika and Kathleen.Ashley Gayle should give us abig boost where we
    really need it. In my view the key factor is will we be able to get breakout years from the group consisting of Aubrey,Crystal,Kristin,EW,Nicky and Rachel .Should afew of
    this group do so we could very well be chosen for the NCCA
    tourney.

Should we be able to recruit Kelsey and two fine forwards
    we could go deep into the tournament in two years with Gail's young ladies and Jody's Brittainey,Carla,Erika and Kat.
    I welcome your comments.Remember the past is gone,but
    WE CAN CHANGE THE FUTURE!!!!

2. Rexy

Rexy 1,000+ Posts

I am so confident in the future. I expected this year to go a bit better, but I am not in any way surprised about the way it has gone so far. This is team in excellent hands, things will change, and we will be vastly better in a couple of years.

I love women's basketball. Of course, I want the team to do well, but with this coaching staff, I have complete confidence and supreme hope for the future. Texas will be returned to elite status - I'm sure of that. Even so, I love this team, this season, and women's hoops in general. I love the new offense and defense, I love how they move without the ball, set screens, and run. I love how they trap and press on defense. I just love the "look" of the team. No, I don't love the poor shooting, the unforced errors, the mental lapses. But overall, this season is just fine.

The third season (pre-conference, conference, post season) is just about here and there are so many great teams in the top 10 to root for. It's gonna be fun to see who wins it all. I'll be sorry when April comes and goes......

3. 2duckfans

2duckfans 25+ Posts

It's a wacky season -- Kansas beat Nebraska by one . . . Iowa State beats Oklahoma St by 5. I still say it's not over til its over, but Texas must win winnable games.

4. orangehoops

orangehoops 100+ Posts

I'm with you again, Rexy! [​IMG]

5. TheContractor

TheContractor 250+ Posts

Can someone post a link or tell us what recruits are coming in next year, including size and position. I know Baylor is getting a girl (junior in HS right now) from Houston in 2 years that is 6-7 and a beast. her #s are great and she has been on espn and all. Thanks.

6. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

I do think our class was overrated somewhat. I also think the last couple of classes just haven't been a good fit for one another, because the skill sets of our players are too similar, so there are redundant roles in some cases and then other roles that nobody really fills.

7. mulkeyway

mulkeyway 25+ Posts

The girl from BU is Britney Griner, the #2 player in the nation. She is 6'-8" and many think she will still grow 2-3 inches. She wears a size 17 men's shoe. I watched her dunk at an exhibition the other day and it is something to see.

Sorry to ramble, but everyone at BU is very excited about this addition.

Texas will return to the top with that line-up next year. Solid from top to bottom.

8. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

9. TXSNOS

TXSNOS 1,000+ Posts

uh, she can dunk easily. There's no doubt about it.

10. TXtoCO

TXtoCO 1,000+ Posts

Yeah, Griner's dunking is not like Lisa Leslie or Candace Parker. There is footage of her throwing the ball off the backboard and going up and getting the ball and slamming it with one hand. Also, one dunk where she took a single step and threw it down. She doesn't need a running start to dunk. CP3's records could be short lived because Griner can also move pretty well. She will dominate.

Check out these links.
    The Link
    The Link
    The Link