Looking for an iphone.

Discussion in 'Horn Depot' started by Texas_Rocks, Nov 26, 2007.

1. Texas_Rocks

Texas_Rocks 500+ Posts

Any help would be much appreciated! I'm looking to replace my RAZR phone with an 8 gig iphone, but I would really like to find a better deal than what ATT is offering me at this time. I've looked around ebay, but the mass volume of iphones listed there is a little overwelming. I certainly do not need an "unlocked" / "tampered with" phone, as I will be staying with ATT. There are new iphones listed as low as $100.00 at this point, but how much can I reasonably expect these prices to increase?

I have absolutely no experience with ebay and any help would truely be appreciated. Any other ideas where to look besides ebay would be great too.

I would also consider a "slightly" used one if anyone in the Austin area is interested.

Thanks!

2. WhoseHouse

WhoseHouse 250+ Posts

I can't help you with an iphone but I can help you with ebay. Only get one from there if the seller has lots of positive feedback and some colorful stars by their name. An ebay "store" is an even better bet. Also, ebay has the option to offer refunds/returns on items if the buyer is not satisfied, so look for an auction that offers this. Obviously, don't buy one where the seller is located in Nigeria. If it's been unlocked, I don't think it will even work so you would want to be certain you could get your money back. If I were you, I'd only buy one that says "New In Box" (NIB). I think those boxes are sealed when the come from the store so if it says it's sealed, even better. Good luck and please let me know what you find- if I don't get the iphone for Christmas I might be visiting ebay as well.

3. MikeUT00

MikeUT00 Guest

I've bought phones in the past from eBay. No worries, just follow the good advice from Whose. Find a good seller with plenty of positive feedback. Literally look through their feedback to see if there are any past issues. If you don't need unlocked, don't get one that says that. Pay attention to how long the seller says it will take them to ship. Do a filter on yyour search. Do one for a new Apple iPhone 8 GB etc.. If you haven't already, make sure the results of the search display in "ending soonest". You should find something decent ...