Looking for Destinations

Discussion in 'On The Road Again' started by Woland, Jul 22, 2008.

1. Woland

Woland 500+ Posts

The wife and I are at a point where we can start doing some regular travel. We have two times of year we are both free. Mid-march (spring break/two weekends and a week) and Christmas to New Year.

We've been to Santa Fe twice and may return. We've also done San Francisco and New Orleans and may return. We will do Las Vegas. What else is there that can be done in our time frame? We want to see Quebec City, but it's going to be too cold for what we like to do. I was thinking about Costa Rico today.

We like food, booze, and seeing things. The beach and winter sports not so much. Our favorite guide is Lonely Planet.

What say you? Short answers are OK...I enjoy doing the research.

2. JohnnyYuma

JohnnyYuma 500+ Posts

NYC at Xmas is always great. Have to do Radio City Xmas show. Best to order tickets way in advance. We ordered ours around the first of Sept I believe.

3. KazooMan

KazooMan 250+ Posts

I agree with Johnny - NYC at Christmas is a nice place to visit. Another couple of Christmas suggestions - try a cruise to some warm weather area, or try DisneyWorld (crowds are not bad at Christmas, compared to summertime). For spring break, check out the wine country in northern California. Less crowded that time of year, and the weather is usually pretty good - and you could tie in a weekend in Vegas.