Looking to next season

Discussion in 'Softball' started by racerx5908, May 29, 2017.

1. racerx5908

racerx5908 2,500+ Posts

1) Every conversation ends up with "Connie must go!"
    2) And no, this shouldn't be in the "Time for a change" thread
    3) And if Connie won't go, then all is lost and we give up on softball and it's all pointless!

There.

Still trying to decide if I should renew my season tickets for next year. I probably will, but then Plonsky will probably allow those horrendous 4:30 games to be scheduled mid-week.

Looking at the roster, here's my take on the team, based on no insider knowledge at all and all guesswork. Assume a "?" by each name:
    Kaitlyn Slack - second base
    Kristen Clark - #3 pitcher
    Regan Hathaway - RF. Also, let's have lessons on calling for the ball. What a total waste of talent based on poor habits. Didn't you guys learn to call for the ball in high school?
    Randel Leahy - #2 catcher. Another example of a player who shines as a freshman only to trail off in production. I like her, but her throws to second are too high and thus very few tagouts
    Malory Schattle - first base
    Jade Gortarez - short stop. Showed some flair and showed some "I was a baseball player" moves the last few weeks.
    Bekah Alcozer - mmmmmm RF? Not the fastest, but that's why RF
    Taylor Ellsworth - #1 catcher. UT please don't ruin her skills
    Brooke Bolinger - #4 pitcher. The last few outings, whew!
    Erica Write - #1 pitcher
    Tuesday DerMargosian - LF
    Kaitlyn Washington - CF
    Paige von Sprecken - #2 pitcher

Newbies:
    http://www.texassports.com/news/201...yers-to-2017-signing-class.aspx?path=softball
    Don't know much about them other than.....TWO MORE PITCHERS!
    Connie Clark prays, "Please one of you be the next Blaire Luna that I accidentally stumble on and ride for 4 years"

Google says that we've got a commit for another pitcher in 2018:

Shea O'(ImightbeBlaire)Leary

2. utwheels86

utwheels86 25+ Posts

I generally agree with your take on next years' returnees. I see a great competition for the #3 starter between Brooke Bolinger and Kristen Clark. To Brooke's defense, other than the last 2 outings, she was outstanding in relief this year so she deserves an opportunity to start. I would have liked to see more of Kristen later in the year. Only time will tell!

• Like Like x 1