Love the new Disch

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by davert, Feb 17, 2008.

1. davert

davert 100+ Posts

I went to the Disch today, and for those who have not seen it, I think you will love it. The right field seats are great; the promenades out side the concession stands are 3 times as wide; the restrooms have been greatly enlarged and are much nicer; the press box is very nice; and the sprucing up looks great. All in all, I think we have what we have been wanting for years.

2. HornFanatic

HornFanatic 25+ Posts

That sounds great! I was so excited that I read your description to my wife. She said, "Good, but is it air conditioned?" [​IMG]

3. danny1010

danny1010 100+ Posts

I'm so pissed I had to stay in LA for work this weekend. [​IMG] After following all the construction for the last 2 yrs, I really wanted to see the new Disch up close and personal.

Did anyone take pics? How were the new seats down close? Was the net up? Did it go from dugout to dugout? Does it still look like lots of construction debris to clean up? Did the open up the entrance behind home plate or just the one down the third base line?

I also read that Augie was having a Q&A session. Did anyone stay for that?

Like I said... I really wanted to be there. The redeeming thing is that I'll be back in Austin for next weekend's opening series. [​IMG]

4. Little Earl

Little Earl 100+ Posts

I think it looked great as well. They really worked hard last week to cleanup all the construction debris. They also worked really hard to get most of the landscaping done. The sod had all been put down. If it hadn't rained so hard on Saturday, I think it would have looked a lot better, but, all in all I think it looked great!

The change to the screen surprised me a little. It has been widened, pretty much from dugout to dugout, but it does not go all the way to the roof now. There were at least 5 or 6 foul balls that went over the screen. One of those now belongs to my 10 year old.

My only real complaint, is why no cup holders? Is it really that hard to add a cup holder, or are they just waiting for a "sponsor" to pay for all the cup holder?

5. TexasBaseball7

TexasBaseball7 100+ Posts

posted on rivals.com
    pics of the new disch
    The Link

6. danny1010

danny1010 100+ Posts

7. beamout2000

beamout2000 < 25 Posts

What impressed me the most out of what I saw on TV was the dressing room. That is pure luxury and will be a huge asset to recruiting (like you guys need anymore help. [​IMG] )

8. LITNIN HORN

LITNIN HORN 1,000+ Posts

[​IMG]

Little Earl...for an extra $750.00 per year you can have a cup holder.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. accuratehorn

accuratehorn 10,000+ Posts

Where are the beer kiosks located?

10. LITNIN HORN

LITNIN HORN 1,000+ Posts

[​IMG]

parking lot.

[​IMG]

11. davert

davert 100+ Posts

Nice pictures Baseball7. Also, if you go to the LSU baseball site look for the Alex Box Stadium link and click on Virtual Tour. They move into a new stadium next year and it looks like they are really doing it right too.I am so happy to see college baseball get some recognition and investment. Now, if we could get the NCAA to allow more schollies we would really be making progress.

12. 40 ACRZ

40 ACRZ 100+ Posts

Stopped by today for the first time and watched a bit of practice while checking out the new Disch. I thought it looked great. Was VERY pleasantly surprised at the new screen... I'd been hearing rumors for months that it was going to be MUCH bigger than it is. My jury is still out on the graphics on top of the dugouts but that's certainly a minor (at most) thing. The concourse and exterior look absolutely awesome!!!