Lovie Smith?

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by Horn6721, Feb 8, 2022.

1. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

To be honest, he is incapable of even running a failed team.

Culley was essentially directed to fire his OC and refused. While kudos exist for being loyal to your staff, when you get sideways with the owner and executive management, your career tends to be very short with that franchise, as we ALSO saw with Flores in Miami.

The list of the 'who' is apparently dwindling. Many people are reluctant to give them up because of PSL fees previously paid. But they feel stuck and cannot even give the tickets away during the season. When they are lucky, they have a quality team coming to Houston and they can get a few bucks...but that is the exception, not the rule.

2. BLucky

BLucky 250+ Posts

At the risk of being blocked, pooped, and other not so nice comments, with respect to the last sentence "Who would possibly be a Texan season ticket holder"...I will categorically support our organization...but results over the last decade have made me wonder why I'm a season ticket holder. And yet, we're renewing again this year. What does that say about me? That last question is rhetorical...no need to answer.:whiteflag:

3. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

Kinda the same as we renewing in spite of it all Horn fans don’t ya know.

4. Duck Dodgers

Duck Dodgers 1,000+ Posts

They were at least decent under BOB - won the South 4 times by my memory, which isn't that much - best of 4 is all. But at least a playoff team. But since then, the commode.

And not a fresh one like in a fancy restaurant or hotel. I'm talking a port-a-John like you'd find in a construction area, about 45 minutes after the taco truck has made its last sale.

• Funny Funny x 1
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2022
  5. Seattle Husker

Seattle Husker 10,000+ Posts

No shame in being a devoted fan.

6. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

BLucky,

When they announced the hiring of Casserly as GM, I told them to hold my check. When they hired the world's worst OC (yes, I remember Greg Davis), I told them to give me my money back. They didn't lose anything because there were plenty of people wanted in our suite.

Only game I've seen them play live was when Vince came to town and beat them in OT on a scramble.

7. n64ra

n64ra 1,000+ Posts

My friend is an attorney in Austin and has had Texans season tickets every year. He's frequently given tickets out free as part of the job. Last season, most people refused them.

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. BLucky

BLucky 250+ Posts

Communication skills after a beverage aren't so good for me..:brickwall:.I was trying to relate the "Texan" example to the UT issue. I can't say I know anything about the Texans. As far as UT goes, I absolutely support the organization. The results though make me wonder why I keep renewing the tickets and yet, I do.

• Like Like x 1