LSU is NOT a better team

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by stevedallas, Jun 25, 2009.

1. stevedallas

stevedallas 500+ Posts

I got really tired of hearing and reading how much better LSU was the Horns. Yes, it is true that LSU was better last night.

But Texas was better and even more impressive the night before, holding the "powerful" LSU team to ZERO earned runs.

And the first night was even.....with Texas one strike from winning and LSIU needing 2 extra innings to squeak out a win.

Texas did not score less than 4 runs in any of the three games, LSU could barely manage one run in game 2. LSU scored a high of 11 runs (how many earned?) last night, and Texas best game was 6. Still, pretty even. LSU had the high AND the low run total.

Yes, LSU won the series and they deserved to win. But to continue to say that LSU was so much better than Texas is simply untrue.

Hook Em!

2. BevoDave

BevoDave 25+ Posts

If this were true, we'd be the ones dogpiling last night.

Please don't sound like aggy, we gave nothing to LSU in game one. They took it. Tip your cap to the better team and move on. I like our chances next year.

3. Barton Hills

Barton Hills 1,000+ Posts

This argument is dumb. We got beat. The end.

4. YoLaDu

YoLaDu Guest

2 -1. LSU was the better team. Don't be aggy.

Baseball always comes down to "if this had happened" or "we were one out away from..."

The games were played. LSU was the better team. Actually playing the games (ie: having playoffs) for a national title is supposed to end debate, unlike the BCS.

no debate in my opinion.

5. MaxHorn

MaxHorn 250+ Posts

What did you think when Matt Leinart said that the better team didn't win after the 2006 Rose Bowl? Did you think he sounded bitter and stupid?

Acknowledge that we were defeated and move on. It was a great season and one that we should all be very proud of.

6. stevedallas

stevedallas 500+ Posts

can you not read? I said LSU won and deserved to win. I just get tired of hearing how much better they were when, in actuality, LSU had one good game, Texas had one good game, and the other was even with extra innings needed. That does not work out to LSU being soooo much better than Texas.

That's all I am saying.

7. acworthhorn

acworthhorn 25+ Posts

They were better for the 3 game series. Our line up for game 2 was better than their line up for game 2. The CWS is a three game series and their team was better equipped to win the series. They were better than us this year.

8. stevedallas

stevedallas 500+ Posts

My point is, all I read or heard was that LSU was way better...way faster, way stronger, way better in every aspect. To listen and read about the games, and to the announcers, we should have lost in 2 games by double digits each game.

As it turned out, we each had a dominant game and one game was a squeaker in extra innings.

If that offends anyone, I apologize.

9. Oilfield

Oilfield Guest

It was a damn close series. Just don't be aggy about our loss.

10. stevedallas

stevedallas 500+ Posts

I'm not. Aggie says they should have won.

I said in my first post that LSU Deserved to win.

Exactly how is that aggie?

11. Texas___Fight

Texas___Fight 2,500+ Posts

12. Horns_House

Horns_House 100+ Posts

because lsu is a better team. they proved it in a 3 game series. are you retarded?

perhaps what your thread should have said was "lsu is not light years better than texas like everyone claimed before the series."

13. AstroVol

AstroVol 500+ Posts

Typical HF logic:

If we beat someone (Arizona State), and afterwards they claim to be the better team, they are wrong.

But if we get beat by someone (LSU), and afterwards we claim to be the better team, we are right.

14. Valmy77

Valmy77 1,000+ Posts

15. TexasGolf

TexasGolf 2,500+ Posts

both things are true at the same time that seem to oppose each other. [​IMG]

16. YoLaDu

YoLaDu Guest

17. Booyakasha!

Booyakasha! Guest

18. Alex_de_Large

Alex_de_Large 1,000+ Posts

This isn't the first aggyesque post by the OP. Set troll detectors on high alert.

19. Longhorny630

Longhorny630 1,000+ Posts

We won game 2, they won game 3. Game 1 was ours, but bad pitching gave it to them. LSU took advantage and won the swing game (game 1 IMO). Each team had a blow out game, and the series was determined by an extra inning squeaker. The teams were even, and unless we can do a best of 7 series LSU gets the trophy.

20. WestGAHorn

WestGAHorn 500+ Posts

Let it go Murph....sounds like something ML said after we beat SC's *** in the Rose Bowl. LSU beat us on the field, when it mattered and hats off to 'em. They deserve the Championship, they earned it. Remember, they WERE the number one team in the country going into regional play. this team played lights out ball and did something pretty friggin magical, don't lessen it by making it sounds like they didn't play anything less then their best. Everyone of those kids left it out on the field and i'm proud of every last one of em.

As Augie said, this is the dawn of a new era in Texas Baseball. Let's enjoy what we were treated to and what's coming our way in the future. It's a great time to be a Horn!!

21. jon12car

jon12car 25+ Posts

I demand that you do not count me with steve.

We lost they were the ones were picked and won. We had our chance we did not get it. Move on

22. AstroVol

AstroVol 500+ Posts

^Exhibit #2

23. Horn87

Horn87 1,000+ Posts

sorry, astrovol, but I am (with probably the majority here) agreeing that the better team won the SERIES (not one single game)--we are, for the most part, a little more rational here at HF than some of you seem to believe

24. UpperDeck

UpperDeck 25+ Posts

OP was just speaking genercially. I don't think the '07 Giants were a "better team" than the Patriots in general sense, but the Giants did win the Super Bowl. On that day, in that game they played better and overachieved. But in this case I do think LSU won CWS AND was the better team in general.

25. 2003TexasGrad

2003TexasGrad Son of a Motherless Goat

I would say that LSU had more talented bats than we did. Their offense simply had more guns. That said, we couldnt close out game 1. We put their guys on base because we couldnt throw strikes to end it. Shrug.

LSU was able to outlast us. We showed we were more than capable to playing them and beating them, but over the course of the series, they won it. Im not bitter, but of course I wish we hadnt folded in the 9th inning on monday. It happens.

26. PabTexas

PabTexas 250+ Posts

Congratulations for being an aggy.

LSU won, they are a better team and rose to the occasion.

Texas is still badass, but we finished 2nd.

27. cochamps

cochamps 2,500+ Posts

Like most typical Hornfans have said, LSU got 'er done - they were the better team and should be congratulated.

28. UTChE96

UTChE96 2,500+ Posts

Paging Matt Leinart...

29. 84 Horn

84 Horn 500+ Posts

LSU is the better team.

LSU was closer to getting swept 0-2 than the second best team was.

LSU is the 2009 champions. Texas is the top loser.

30. I35

I35 5,000+ Posts

I can't believe that you guys took the OP's post and ran a different direction. His title of the thread is misleading in what he is trying to say.

Although LSU won the damn thing, he is trying to say after getting to watch the two teams, the difference between the two teams is not this

LSU>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>TEXAS

But this

LSU>TEXAS

And I agree with that. I really didn't keep up with LSU and the only thing I knew about them is ESPN and the LSU fans on message boards. I was thinking we had a chance to be beat 13-3 and 15-2 and lose in two games.