LSU vs A&M

Discussion in 'Men’s Basketball' started by humahuma, Jan 19, 2016.

1. humahuma

humahuma 1,000+ Posts

Ok, did I hear the A&M crowd yell "Over Rated" when they were leading an unranked LSU team. The announcers said "They do realize they are the only ranked team on the court". Did anyone else hear that?

• Like Like x 2
  2. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

I didn't, but that is because I had no clue aggy was on TV. And had I known, I wouldn't have watched them anyway.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

I did not hear it so thanks for this report.
    Aggy just keeps on.

4. txlandagent

txlandagent 500+ Posts

How uniquely aggy of aggy to do that. smh. I watched that game and noticed it too. I believe it was directed at Ben Simmons, not the entirety of the LSU squad. aggy did a good job of shutting Simmons down in the 2nd half. as much as I hate giving aggy credit, aggy haz good bball team. LSU sux.

5. humahuma

humahuma 1,000+ Posts

Yes ag has a good team. I agree it was toward a single player, Bill Simmons. Classy fans, I never heard of fans saying that for a player.

6. txlandagent

txlandagent 500+ Posts

Bruce Hammonds.

7. militaryhorn

militaryhorn Prediction Contest Manager

Who cares if he is overrated? He will be laughing all the way to the bank with his first overall pick in the draft check this summer.

F'ing maroons

8. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

I didn't know the yell leaders had a hand signal for the ov-er-ra-ted chant....

9. ProdigalHorn

ProdigalHorn 10,000+ Posts

Wait are you telling me the aggies started a chant on their own with no direction???

This will not sit well. Those basketball fans have always been a fringe element over there, anyway...

• Like Like x 1
  10. FireRC

FireRC 500+ Posts

The best chant of the night was "76ers! 76ers!"

11. LonghornCatholic

LonghornCatholic Deo Gratias

12. humahuma

humahuma 1,000+ Posts

FireRC I was just trying to understand "over rated" chant. Ag is ranked, LSU not, so the only ranked team was ag. To single out a player is bad sportsmanship in my view. I know you are old army I understand, the new army is different.

• Like Like x 1
  13. txlandagent

txlandagent 500+ Posts

Hogs upset aggy. Sweet.

14. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

Yep. It's like clockwork. As soon as aggy fan gets really confident in a team, and their already fat heads swell to gargantuan proportions - WHAMMO! The team does something typically aggy and falls flat on its face.

I'm willing to bet this phenomenon kicks in again in the round of 32.

15. LonghornCatholic

LonghornCatholic Deo Gratias

You mean "aggying"?