LSU

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by Badass, Jan 14, 2019.

1. NorfolkVATiger

NorfolkVATiger 100+ Posts

LSUSon is referring to him not being a contributor THIS YEAR. Right now it's a clearinghouse issue and he may well end up on the team. Obviously if, in the end, he's lost to JUCO, that is a lost spot and with only 25 LOIs per year that hurts.

But for this year, all 4 of LSU's starting LB are on the Butkus watch list - pretty amazing really. And they have some depth there also. Can't see any of the true freshman linebackers being serious contributors this year except maybe on special teams.

Edit: BTW, multiple reports from "insiders", including one of his HS coaches, indicate he has qualified. But the NCAA clearinghouse takes a while to process that info when it doesn't come in until a week or so before fall camp.

2. LSUson

LSUson 25+ Posts

Looks like Brady is putting his footprint on this offense. Starters on the oline came in leaner. Charles is down into the 290’s, same with Cushenberry. Deculis is leaner. Only the guards didn’t shed as much weight. No way they line could incorporate his offense if they all stayed between 310-340 lbs.

3. AC

AC 2,500+ Posts

Really looking forward to this game! I’ll work on tickets to the game next yr at Tiger Stadium as well. Can’t wait to tailgate with Tiger fans and Horn fans. IMHO two of the best fan bases in College Football.

I think it will be a close game. I also think the best line wins and I like ours better.

• Like Like x 2
  4. NorfolkVATiger

5. Austin_Bill

Austin_Bill 2,500+ Posts

Question for LSU fan.

Why in heavens name do you currently have 6 defensive tackles committed. I get 3, or maybe even 4 but 6? Are some of them expecting to transition into offensive line?

6. NorfolkVATiger

Had a couple of very lean years recruiting the DL. Lasts year LSU missed on almost all their top DL targets close to signing day. We lose a lot after this year.

Also, due to the 3-4 a number of those DTs will play DE at LSU. LSU's DEs are typically 290-300 pounds which equates to a DT in a 4-3.

Edit: Looked at the list - one of them, CamRon Jackson, projects better as an OT. Roy and Jenkins are DEs for sure at LSU.

7. LSUson

LSUson 25+ Posts

Good question. We had a good haul last year of offensive lineman and I believe only 1 or 2 defensive lineman so Coach O wanted to make sure we recruited enough this year. We only have like 2-3 spots left and are in the running for in state 5 star d-lineman so I wouldn’t be surprised to see a couple commits go elsewhere when it’s all said an done.

8. NOLATiger80

NOLATiger80 25+ Posts

There sure is an unhealthy amount of delusion on this board. I knew little about Texas's team before reading this thread. Apparently yall are pretty stacked at DB. Lucky for us we are also stacked at DB and happen to have the best safety in college football. I guess you havent heard of Grant Delpit but you will know his name soon enough.

As for all the talk about Texas' big WRs being unguardable, i heard a similar tune from Miami fans last season. We all know how that turned out. While Texas is more talented than Miami they are in a similar position that Miami was before last season. Like Miami yall are coming off you best season in years and are riding the momentum of Sugar Bowl victory. The program is on the rise. However, if you think that Texas is going to destroy LSU like some posters have claimed you are in for a rude awakening. LSU boasts superior talent at most of the positions on the field. I will give UT the edge at QB and Offensive line. Im unsold on LSU's Pass blocking which obviously could be a problem but like Miami, yall dont have the horses to run with LSU for 4 quarters. Ill tell yall what i told Miami fans. I dont know how LSU will win this game or by how much, but make no mistake, they WILL win. I just hope yall can move past this imminent loss and salvage your season. Thats something Miami could not do.

Im hoping for a great game and am looking forward to seeing yall in Tiger stadium in a couple of years!

9. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

Appreciate the confidence in your team NOLA, and hope to H*** you’re wrong.
    Hookem

• Like Like x 4
  10. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

Welcome to the board. Please NEVER compare anything about The University of Texas with the Coral Gables Convicts. the program with the largest number of subhuman behavior the history of the NCAA. (Yes, I am familiar with the VT team that holds the record for going to a bowl game with 19 players out on bong.)

I shall construe you apology, and move on to the game, which worries me greatly. Your DC really be bothers me. You, however, should not be bothered by ours.

:hookem2:

• Like Like x 1
  11. easy

easy 2,500+ Posts

We don’t have the horses to run with LSU :e-face-tears::e-face-tears::e-face-tears: dude have you not seen a big 12 offense within the last maybe 10 years? Take a look at big 12 vs sec in bowl games in recent years and tell me who can’t run with who. News flash champ we are not Miami we actually have a qb and we also have 2 great safety by the name of sterns and jones. Make no mistake this game will be a close due to us working in a few new guys at key spots and when I say close it will be self inflicted like dumb penalties at awful times. You guys took what was it 7 overtime’s to lose to aggy and have the arrogance to say the talk on this board is unhealthy and delusional get a clue dude joe burrow is your qb
    (insert Terrell Owens meme )

12. NOLATiger80

NOLATiger80 25+ Posts

Im sorry about comparing UT to Miami. At the time i did not realize the offensive nature of my comparison. I now know that i was wrong to do so. I was just having a little Deja VU is all. As far as not being concerned about your DC, i dno, our offensive line is unimpressive. We'll see how it goes. If yall have any semblance of a pass rush then we could be in for a long night. I think one of the main reasons LSU is trying to institute more RPOs is because our lack of pass blocking.

• Like Like x 2
  13. NOLATiger80

NOLATiger80 25+ Posts

I dno man. i know you didnt say it but someone said "Lockdown corners in the SEC are just average in the BIG 12." That statement is laughable. Someone else thinks Texas is going to win 41-14. And to top it off some of you believe Texas puts better DBS into the NFL. I dont know much about Texas DBs from 20 years ago. Maybe yall had the edge back then but in the last 10-15 years its not even comparable. So yes, there does seem to be a lot of delusion in this thread. It will all come to fruition on Sept. 7. We will all see soon enough.

Oh, and "insert Terrell Owens meme"? comon man. Do you even meme, bro?

14. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

Orlando is so transparent that my 10 year old grandson calls our defense before the ball is snapped. If your QB can't read it, bench him before game 2 and find a kid with half a brain and who had a quality HS coach

15. NOLATiger80

NOLATiger80 25+ Posts

Well this is encouraging because supposedly one of Burrow's strengths is his pre snap reads.

• Like Like x 1
  16. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

If he runs the clock down to the last five seconds, he'll know what & who is coming.

Orlando ain't Leon Fuller, Rick Lantz, Dick Tomey. or Bill Bradley

17. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

At this point I believe this game could go either way. The difference may be in turnovers and/or costly mistakes. On the other hand, one or the other team may get taken to the woodshed. But I won't be surprised if it comes down to a late FG or TD to decide it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. NOLATiger80

NOLATiger80 25+ Posts

I think it’s gonna come down to Line play on both sides of the ball. I think our D line is much better than our O Line. I don’t know if it’s the same for y’all. I didn’t see anyone in the thread mention y’alls D line. I am assuming your O line is better than ours though.

19. LSUson

LSUson 25+ Posts

We were hurting on defense for that game. Half of our DB’s were out including Fulton. Had he played A&M wouldn’t have sniffed an OT.

20. LSUson

LSUson 25+ Posts

Burrow is a very smart qb. He’s a coaches son and I think would be a good coach whenever he gives up football

21. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

Everyone claims to have superior athletes except . . . . The "edge" at QB is about the width of the Mississippi at Pilottown.

Texas isn't aggy. Hopefully it will a good two game series.

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

I am sure LSU and SEC looks at Sugar Bowl and thinks Ga didn’t even start playing until 4th qtr, well their mistake. I hope LSU makes the same.
    Hookem!

23. Dionysus

Dionysus Idoit Admin

Can’t confirm now but hearing that College Gameday may be at this one. Someone posted on Reddit that they have been working with UT on setting up on the South Mall. We’ll see.

• Like Like x 3
  24. NorfolkVATiger

Thought this might be interesting to you guys.

<a href="">

Last edited: Aug 8, 2019
  25. NOLATiger80

NOLATiger80 25+ Posts

I almost went down with 3 other boats right next to pilot town last duck hunting season. We took on water on all three bay boats and a mud boat. Our saving grace was limping into pilot town. Now that you mentioned it I’m feeling some bad juju. I’m feeling less certain about the game now.

26. AC

AC 2,500+ Posts

Your lucky that River has claimed many lives!
    As for the game i’de call it a toss up. Whoever makes fewer mistakes wins. Sam makes precious few mistakes, and I like our O Line.

27. Baseballgawd

Baseballgawd 25+ Posts

Interesting trivia,

Since 2008, Texas 38 players drafted to the NFL 4 in the 1st round,
    Since 2008. LSU 78 players drafted to the NFL, 12 in the 1st round. I believe Alabama is the only team close.

• Like Like x 2
  28. yelladawgdem

yelladawgdem 2,500+ Posts

But then again, no one else was Leon Fuller either. That was defense.

:hookem2:

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  29. Austin_Bill

Austin_Bill 2,500+ Posts

I'm laughing my butt off reading your boast of beating Miami. Keep this in mind when you talk about Miami. Their head coach was our DC under Mack, he got fired because he fielded some of the worst defenses Texas ever produced.

Our coaches are superior to yours in every way imaginable. You have good DBs and LBs we have great Dbs across the board. We have Caden Sterns, the guy considered the 2nd best Safety in the country, and he is only a sophomore. We also have BJ Foster and Brandon Jones In fact we have 4 DBs that were ranked as 5'star recruits when they came out.

The real advantage Texas has is that we have been running the same offense for 3 straight years, your team will be in game 2 of that offense. Texas is going to ware your defense down with our no huddle offense, your fat dlinemen will be sucking air from a oxygen tank by the 3rd quarter and we will march up and down the field on you.

Texas is going to expose your offensive line by confusing the heck out of them. I predict your QB will toss 2 picks in each half.

By the end of the game your going to think you were playing the 2002 Miami Hurricanes.

• Like Like x 1
  30. Vol Horn 4 Life

Vol Horn 4 Life Good Bye To All The Rest!

FYI one other piece of interesting trivia. We've mostly sucked *** the last 10 years so frankly I'm surprised we've had that many players drafted. I mean, we lost to Kansas bad. Last year was when the lights finally turned on for this team so I wouldn't boast about the recruiting edge over that time.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1