Lubbock Hotels

Discussion in 'In The Stands' started by fasteddieisahorndog, Jan 27, 2008.

1. You might want to start looking for hotels if you're going to the Tech game this year. They sell out quickly every year Texas comes to town. Marriott chain is sold out. I booked a suite at the Holiday Inn. Some still available.

2. Monahorns

Monahorns 10,000+ Posts

There are several B&Bs around the Tech campus. My parents own Broadway Manor about a mile from campus and within walking distance from the stadium.

3. MikeUT00

MikeUT00 Guest

4. LonghornCatholic

LonghornCatholic Deo Gratias

Last year I couldn't find a place to stay in Lubbock so a few of us stayed in Midland. If you don't mind driving an hour and a half after the game, Midland is not a bad option. Its a booming little oil town with new hotels and restaurants just off the loop. Plus many Longhorn fans living there, Cedric & Roy are from that area, so you don't have to put up with sand agy. It is also on the way back to Austin if you shoot through San Angelo or even Ozona/Sonora. Just a suggestion [​IMG]

5. Steel Shank

Steel Shank 1,000+ Posts

Also, there's always Muleshoe and Floydada. [​IMG]

6. TheFied

TheFied 2,500+ Posts

I have a room already booked at the Days Inn across the street from the football stadium. We'll be tailgating in the parking lot with a restroom in our room. Two years ago we had a room at the La Quinta about 2 miles from campus but had a friend staying at the Days Inn. I think I paid $20 to park in the lot there and hung out there.

I think that I took a leak in Goo's room as my buddy's door was giving us problems and they were in the room next to him.

7. stuckintechland

stuckintechland < 25 Posts

I had a terrible experience in 2006 at the Clarion. Overcharged by two nights and would not refund. Still in litigation.

8. LovinTheAtx

LovinTheAtx 250+ Posts

9. Lat22

Lat22 1,000+ Posts

10. defroach

defroach 25+ Posts

that days inn is not the nicest hotel, run down by the looks of it, but i have never stayed there.

11. SA_Town_Horn

SA_Town_Horn 500+ Posts

12. Panama Red

Panama Red 25+ Posts

Lucky for me (or unlucky depending on how you look at it) my in-laws live in Lubbuttock so we just stay with them for the game.

13. Lat22

Lat22 1,000+ Posts

It ain't the Four Seasons, but it's literally across the street from the stadium.

14. TheFied

TheFied 2,500+ Posts

I think I booked my room on 1/2/08. It is a **** hole, I might even bring a sleeping bag and not use their sheets/comforter. Just put the sleeping bag on it.

But it is directly across the street from the stadium. You could take a leak in the restroom in your hotel room at halftime if you needed to.

15. accuratehorn

accuratehorn 10,000+ Posts

THere used to be a place there called the Red Raider Inn, I believe, and it had a special brand of ambience. It had this red shag carpeting everywhere, and was done in a '60's sort of decor. Close enough for a good breath of the stockyards, as I recall. Had it all, you needed nothing else.
    May not have survived the new millennium, though.

16. MoJames

MoJames 25+ Posts

If you are:
    5'6" - 5'10"
    C-cup
    unattached
    BMI less that 22
    19-23 years old
    have two and only two X chromosomes
    Drink heavily

I will be happy to share my bed with you.

17. si se puede

si se puede 100+ Posts

18. kgp

kgp 1,000+ Posts

Slaton is on 84 just a few miles SE of Lubbock. That might be a good choice for some. Also, Lubbock has some extended-stay establishments that are probably cheap enough to be affordable to use as weekend hotels.

19. BMBMD

BMBMD 100+ Posts

Levelland is 25 miles from Jones and has a brand new Holiday Inn Express and Best Western.

20. ToddRR

ToddRR < 25 Posts

The Arbor Inn and Suites is a great hotel in Lubbock that kind of flies under the radar.

Link

21. Arbor Inn and Suites is nice but already booked. The Holiday Inn I booked a suite at is still available but only advance purchase at $179.00. I book mine at $80 but that rate is no longer available.

22. Hans Sprungfeld

Hans Sprungfeld 25+ Posts

what's the one with the bar that people hang out in?

that's the only place i've ever stayed. no complaints.