Lumber yard in Austin

Discussion in 'Horn Depot' started by alden, Jul 7, 2008.

1. alden

alden 1,000+ Posts

Looking for a place to buy wood no named HD or Lowe's. Need some high-quality stuff, like you'd use to build furniture out of. Any leads? This is in Austin.

2. pulque

pulque 1,000+ Posts

Hmmm, I've been buying some from Austin Hardwood Decking (or something like that) off N. Lamar almost to Braker. I'm sure there could be better, depending on your needs and pocketbook. Alden who? Are you an AustinKnight?

3. brntorng

brntorng 2,500+ Posts

At 600 Industrial Blvd in South Austin is Brazos Forest Products. They were previously owned by Hogan Hardwoods and Paxton before that. I haven't been there since Brazos took over, but they've always had an excellent selection of furniture grade hardwoods, etc. Another good source is Fine Lumber and Plywood on Brown Ln.

4. l00p

l00p 10,000+ Posts

There is a place up north over off of Rundberg Lane, I think. Damn,forgot the name of it so I hope somebody knows what I am talking about. North of 183 near Cameron/Rundberg but west of Cameron Rd.

5. jimmyjazz

jimmyjazz 2,500+ Posts

BMC West on Steck doesn't have what you need? I don't know if they've completed their move to Cedar Park yet or not -- their doors and other millwork is now on Metric -- but they used to have good lumber.

What about Stock Building Supply down near Ben White and I-35?

6. mishatx

mishatx 1,000+ Posts

There's a McCoy's on 1626 near Manchaca.

7. TXHorn

TXHorn 25+ Posts

Try Blue Linx Hardwoods. They're down off E St Elmo. I got a great price on a 12' piece of 4x12 walnut when I was replacing my fireplace mantel.

8. wd40

wd40 < 25 Posts

9. SouthernSooner

SouthernSooner 100+ Posts