Lunardi's latest (link)

Discussion in 'Men’s Basketball' started by HuskerNKingwood, Jan 14, 2008.

1. 6 Big 12 teams in this version (Kansas, Texas, A&M, KSU, OU, BU).

Texas a 4 seed in Phoenix this week.
    The Link

2. bierce

bierce 1,000+ Posts

Methinks this team isn't going to stay that high, but I'm still in wait and see mode. Maybe Johnson will figure everything out in a couple of weeks and the team will start showing some better defense. Maybe not.

Anyway, Jan. 30 through Feb. 25 features 2 games against the Aggies, 2 against Baylor, 2 against OU, KU in Austin, and KSU in Manhattan. That's 8 games against projected NCAA tournament teams, with four on the road and a #1 coming to Austin. At the end of that stretch, UT could be back up to a 2 or 3 seed, could be holding steady, could be dropped to a ten seed, or could be destined for the NIT if they play like they did last Saturday.

I'm not going to predict anything. I'm just going to watch.

3. Bob in Houston

Bob in Houston 2,500+ Posts

I think they'll be hanging in there, unless Tennessee and UCLA didn't really happen.

My guess is, they're being overcoached right now, that Barnes would really like his freshmen to be playing like sophomores and juniors because if they were, this team really could be something. But they're freshmen.

4. LightTheTower

LightTheTower 100+ Posts

5. TheContractor

TheContractor 250+ Posts

i just want to get into the Houston Regional, i dont care what seed we are. We pretty much need to be where Lunardi has Aggs #3 in Houston bracket. Hopefully 2 "HOME" games will be great for UT.

6. JJxvi

JJxvi 100+ Posts

It would be pretty shocking if Texas or A&M was put in the Houston regional as a #3. Of course, I was wrong last year when A&M was given San Antonio as well.

7. Bob in Houston

Bob in Houston 2,500+ Posts

Ags did have to 'earn' it by playing Louisville in Lexington. There have been worse... at least before they changed the rules.