Mack Brown "strong interest" in becoming AD at Texas (edit - or ASU head coach)

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by Joe Fan, Nov 9, 2017.

1. 4th_floor

4th_floor Dude, where's my laptop?

Obviously you are not a sophisticated fan. Starting in 2010, our program was in decline. Indeed in 2010, we actually had a losing record, which is often called a loosing record by sophisticated fans. Imagine that! A loosing record at the University of Texas. The program continued to decline until 2013, even through the record improved. It was Mack Brown's inability to listen to sophisticated fans that caused the decline. It was just a matter of time until we had another loosing record. Sophisticated fans cheered when Mack was fired.

So then Charlie Strong was hired. Really sophisticated fans were immediately upset with the hire. However, the decline in the foosball, I mean football program stopped. Even though there were loosing records every year, the foosball program had stabilized and we started bringing in good 2 star and 3 star players. Because who wants a damn overrated 5 star player anyway? So even though we were stuck with a loosing record, at least we were not getting worser. So this explains why sophisticated foosball fans hate Mack Brown worse than Charlie Strong.

Maybe you should spend more time here studying sophicated fans. I think you could become one too!

• Like Like x 1
  2. 4th_floor

4th_floor Dude, where's my laptop?

[​IMG][​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  3. Htown77

Htown77 5,000+ Posts

4. ProdigalHorn

ProdigalHorn 10,000+ Posts

Where did some of you get the idea that Chris Plonsky has a shot at this job? Aside from someone throwing out a worst-case scenario because he hates the school president?

5. LonghornCatholic

LonghornCatholic Deo Gratias

Mack Brown has "Strong interest"........

Mack wants Charlie to be Texas AD. Read between the lines guys.

• Like Like x 2
  6. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

From longtime employees and high ranking officials inside the administration. They have been discussing it for some time, retirement papers and resumes in hand. It's no secret that Fenves really likes her and has been posturing for this to happen. My personal hope and what I think would be best for The University is the Kearney law suit explodes in the women's athletics department.

7. Run Pincher

Run Pincher 2,500+ Posts

There's just no way we could hire someone that ugly for AD. It would be a PR disaster.

8. IvanDiabloHorn

IvanDiabloHorn 1,000+ Posts

Mack Brown would not have allowed next years Big 12 football schedule.

• Like Like x 3
  9. ShAArk92

ShAArk92 1,000+ Posts

Ya know ... I wouldn't oppose this ... and would hope for the best.

Another former football coach made the switch to AD and while he wasn't in the job as long ... I don't recall it inviting disaster. In spite of Sabre's tells ... the Administration fouled it up .. .

So ... perhaps we first need to get Fenves bumpin on down the road???

10. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

The Kearny lawsuit has no leg to stand out. An staff member having an affair with amother staff member isn't remotely comparable to a head coach having an affair with a player.

11. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

247 says Fenves wants to make the new AD hire soon after the season ends
    Perrin supposedly has already re-assigned his support staff.

The top three candidates per 247 as of today are --
    -- Oliver Luck
    -- Chris Del Conte (TCU)
    -- Reid Ryan (Houston Astros President)

• Like Like x 1
  12. Godz40acres

Godz40acres Happy Feller

No mention of Dion?

13. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

14. Dionysus

Dionysus Idoit Admin

I guess I should put some kind of plan together just in case.

• Like Like x 1
  15. LonghornCatholic

You should have plenty of time to put a plan together while driving through the longest carwash in the world. :hookem:

• Like Like x 1
  16. Dionysus

Dionysus Idoit Admin

What if I’m living in a van down by the river?

17. Sangre Naranjada

I don't think they let you do that at Town Lake any more.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Sangre Naranjada

• Like Like x 2
  19. Dionysus

Dionysus Idoit Admin

I did not!

LC, I didn’t know what you were referring to until I saw the link posted by @Sangre Naranjada. I knew we had a new Buc-ee’s but, well, you can just imagine how our chests are swelling with pride over this special car wash. :yippee:

Our undefeated Katy HS Tigers are playing some pretty good football again too. Trying for their 9th state title!

carwash.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  20. LonghornCatholic

Good to be a Katian, or whatever ya'll call yourself. :hookem:

• Like Like x 1
  21. Horns11

Horns11 10,000+ Posts

I was a Plonsky hater too, a few years ago.

Basketball #2
    Volleyball #2
    Soccer #4

Now, not so much.

22. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

Dion,

It's the cheapest gas in West Harris County, although I guess the location is actually Fort Bend County, but you understand the message.

• Like Like x 1
  23. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

24. Bevosbff1973

Bevosbff1973 100+ Posts

25. Bevosbff1973

Bevosbff1973 100+ Posts

I have said for years Mack would be a great AD. For someone to suggest that Mack lacks experience is insane. Running our university/organization for 16 years prepares you more than any job could. Lets face it......mack already hired Tom (twice). Mack as AD. Tom as HC. Todd as DC. Powerful stuff. Nattys on the way!!!

26. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 1