MACk going with Major to Visit Scott

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by hot_c_win_horns, Jan 16, 2008.

1. hot_c_win_horns

hot_c_win_horns 100+ Posts

Mack Brown is set to visit Darrell Scott in home with Major next Tuesday.
    hook line and sinker!! Go get him Coach Brown and Coach Applewhite

2. Superfan

Superfan 250+ Posts

3. bolt1963

bolt1963 25+ Posts

Have read Mack gets who Mack wants.

I know Major is a legend in UT lore.

But you guys really think Mack and Major are going to walk in and outsell a relationship Darian Hagan has been developing for 4 years?

Scott loves Hagan like a Dad. He recruited his best friend to the CU program in his Uncle. Coach Hawkins has been right there with Hagan- developing an outstanding relationship.

I know UT is UT. But you guys have a very steep uphill battle here- regardless of the latest favorable quotes from Sonsini and Scott himself.

Just a little heads up. Starting to read UT fans thinking they have a good shot.

4. HenryGandorf

HenryGandorf 250+ Posts

hmm, hadn't thought of that. thanks for keeping us grounded. sometimes our wildest dreams get the best of us. we're sorry.

5. CraigHorn

CraigHorn 500+ Posts

I would be surprised if we land Scott but stranger things have happened. In so many ways, this would be a tremendous opportunity for him, so it looks like a match made in heaven. [​IMG]

6. bolt1963

bolt1963 25+ Posts

Hey- he needed some suspense for NSD. Reading this board- he has definitely created it. I commend the kid- has done a tremendous job.

Just when he signs with CU- its not only b/c of his best friend and what his Mom wants- although that will be the spin from UT fans.

7. PacSER

PacSER 500+ Posts

8. Nolalonghorn16

Nolalonghorn16 250+ Posts

We're DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMED!

9. SWHorn

SWHorn 500+ Posts

10. l00p

l00p 10,000+ Posts

Don't upset this new poster. If he is a fan of Colorado he is prone to throwing batteries at us. I know they are famous and known for that. I forget what it is they did that prompted the school to empty out the student section a couple of years ago but hopefully that is not part of the tour of balmy warm Colorado.

Heck, they have a top notch business school too, much better than the one here in Texas. And they have won so many games lately. They also have whipped our butts lately as well. Look out for the female buffalo's.

11. bolt1963

bolt1963 25+ Posts

Was simply adding a little realism to the Scott thread.

I understand the only substance I am getting in return are piss poor attempts at flaming.
    When people are confronted with insecurity- they lash out with arrogance- text book.

12. Horns83

Horns83 500+ Posts

Look. No one knows for sure where DS will end up. He may very well end up at CU. However, I do not think it is completely out of the realm of possibility that he ends up at Texas. That being said, I'd feel a whole lot better about DS if his decision on where to attend school was truly his [​IMG]

13. runthebone

runthebone 100+ Posts

"When people are confronted with insecurity- they lash out with arrogance- text book."

It's OK, I forgive you for being insecure. You're safe here.

Scott is still likely to go to CU, but Major and Mack will use the snake oil, and we have a great shot to undo Colorado's four years of work because we're Texas. If he goes to Colorado, then good luck to him. If he comes here, this board will be overrun with BMFs.

14. bolt1963

bolt1963 25+ Posts

Don't fall for the spin. The decision is HIS and he will be a BUFF.

15. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

Eric Dickerson was told by DKR he would win a Heisman at Texas, but he chose the Camero SMU offered believing that he was good enough to win a Heisman at SMU. Didn't quite work out. (Which is why to this day he will dish Texas at a drop of a hat.)

Scott needs to be told the same thing. If he still choses CU he wil lhave to live with the consequences.

16. bolt1963

bolt1963 25+ Posts

Agreed, Scott could never compete for a Heisman at a little ol' school like CU.

17. Horns83

Horns83 500+ Posts

18. SWHorn

SWHorn 500+ Posts

19. LotusBlade

LotusBlade 25+ Posts

20. bolt1963

bolt1963 25+ Posts

SWHorn- I am not here to argue. There is so much information you guys don't have- was just preparing some of you for what will be a let down.

That being said, anything can and does happen in recruiting. So sure, there is a chance he could end up at UT.

As for the rest of the rambling about what UT has and what CU doesn't.

Not going to bother.

UT arrogance just kills me. You can be confident in what your program offers without trying to demean and insult another program.

21. Kramer Horn

Kramer Horn 100+ Posts

wow! don't get on Lotus Blade's bad side! [​IMG]

22. LotusBlade

LotusBlade 25+ Posts

23. DaveBecker

DaveBecker < 25 Posts

24. Jim Bob

Jim Bob 1,000+ Posts

My understanding is that Dickerson showed up to play for the Ponies driving a Firebird that had been paid for by
    Aggie boosters. Musta really ticked off some folks in College Station [​IMG]

25. TaylorTRoom

TaylorTRoom 1,000+ Posts

Jim Bob, there is a photo of Dickerson in the Aggie-purchased Trans-Am in the book "A Payroll to Keep". The next year, Dickerson had a 280Z, the preferred recruiting car of the Mustangs.

26. CraigHorn

CraigHorn 500+ Posts

As has been pointed out, no one on this board will be shocked, or suffer a huge letdown if Scott goes to CU. Clearly it is what most analysts--and people close to the situation--expect. If I had to bet, my $ would def. be on CU. It is nice, however, to see a battery-throwing CU fan come over with love in his or her heart, for the sole purpose of insuring that no one over here is 'let down'.

What I do find interesting, however, is the extent to which Texas holds a strong advantage in what it can offer right now. I know that doesn't always make a difference to kids--and Scott will likely have a nice career and enjoy himself wherever he goes (I wouldn't look for a repeat of the Marcus Houston exp for Scott if he went to CU). However, look at these factors Mack and Major are able to lay out on the table:

1. An elite football program (Top 5 All-Time) with a current coach who has proven himself to be one of the best in the game (see consecutive 10 win seasons, etc).

2. A new 'class of beef' at the impt OL position--the year before Scott's Fr year. This is the absolute perfect scenario for a RB

3. Perfect timing in that it is rare to have one's FR yr coincide with a
    situation of real need at the position of one's choice. Jamaal's departure is huge.

4. A coaching staff that has shown the ability to fit scheme with talent and take adv of a given star's abilities. For ex., the coach's did a remarkable job in a transition from Chris S to VY at QB. Most impt., MB and Co have shown the ability to build around a feature back such as RW (Heismann). And a person would do well to look at the list someone compiled on this thread of Fr of the Yrs in the Big 12 who have been at UT.

5. EXPOSURE. How many teams play as many televised games as UT. Unless you want to go to ND(!!), the list is small indeed. An elite level RB will get far more exposure in Austin than at CU. And if Scott is the real deal, no one can package and highlight what he's done for the media, and for Heismann consideration, better than some of the good folks at UT.

5. Austin. If a man doesn't like cold weather, Austin is the clear advantage here. One of the strange things about Austin is that everybody who lives there loves it. I think I have only met one person who lived there that didn't, and I'm talking about people who have lived all over the country--including Cali--love it. Many/most say it is their favorite place to live.

And that's only one piece of the picture. In short, UT has an incredibly good product to sell right now. If a person's mind isn't already made up, one would have to think we have a chance. [​IMG]

27. texashorne

texashorne 250+ Posts

dialogue from their trip:
    Mack: You better lock it up.
    Major: No, you lock it up!
    Mack: You lock it up!
    Major: You lock it up!
    Mack: You lock it up!
    Major: Lock it up!

28. DigglerontheHoof

DigglerontheHoof 1,000+ Posts

29. MinnesotaHorn