MACk going with Major to Visit Scott

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by hot_c_win_horns, Jan 16, 2008.

1. TexasIsBetter

TexasIsBetter 100+ Posts

2. Longhorn_94

Longhorn_94 100+ Posts

serious question.

when was the last time Mack made an in-house visit this late in the game with an OOS recruit and we did not get him?

i will hang up and listen. [​IMG]

3. Bevo5

Bevo5 1,000+ Posts

Bolt is awesome..it's like having PO1D back.

Fact is...who knows what will happen. If he goes to CU..great...he'll win 6games a year and play in some nice bowls. He'll be a big fish in a little pond, probably get a lot of yards in trash time when the other teams are up by 30.

And that's fine..absolutely nothing wrong with that choice. In fact, if he's looking to be the biggest fish on campus, then that's where he needs to go.

If he goes to UT...well, he'll play on a national level, win a lot more games, and might not get as many yards since we have a few more weapons.

Either way, nothing more to see here.

But...please don't compare the buffs to texas....you just shouldn't do that.

4. longyak

longyak 250+ Posts

5. Buff Fan!

Buff Fan! 25+ Posts

Another Buff fan here......quick question for you.

What does UT's depth look like at RB? I know Scott is looking to play early, and I had assumed that the Horns had plenty of talent behing Charles (as usual).

I apologize in advance for not being able to provide any double secret recruiting information........

6. ShadowNinja

ShadowNinja 100+ Posts

FYI, Josh is a WR, nevertheless Colorado was a smarter choice for him than USC

7. jt09

jt09 500+ Posts

8. Buff Fan!

Buff Fan! 25+ Posts

Cr@p......I was hoping Mack had loaded up on the position.

Looks like it will go down to the last minute with DS. He would be a huge get for the CU program.....probably not as big for the Horns (not that everyone can't use the #1 RB).

See you in Boulder!

9. Mesohorny

Mesohorny 1,000+ Posts

no, it would be HUGE for us

10. Buff Fan!

Buff Fan! 25+ Posts

Huge is a program like CU (8 wins in two years) landing a kid like this. He would be great for the Horns, but they land kids like this all of the time.......

Hopefully he is playing for the good guys in Boulder this fall!

11. rhorn27

rhorn27 250+ Posts

Methinks bolt has an alter ego.

12. Orange Bull

Orange Bull < 25 Posts

13. TexasIsBetter

TexasIsBetter 100+ Posts

14. bolt1963

bolt1963 25+ Posts

lol- me thinks you guys would be wrong.

Admitt it though- you guys needed someone to kick around for a day. Doesn't it feel good? I gave you the opportunity to tell me how great UT is and how ****** CU is.

15. Buff Fan!

Buff Fan! 25+ Posts

Definitely not Bolt......I don't know any "insiders" that I can reference.

Just lurked for a long time (Texas ties) and wanted to ask a few questions........

16. LotusBlade

LotusBlade 25+ Posts

Scott is excited about Mack and Major coming.

Josh btw said Scott needed to do what was best for Scott.

Scott has been calling and texting UT recruits like Buckner.

If Mack and Major make their visit it means that Scott is not like RP. It means they think they can seal the deal.

17. bolt1963

bolt1963 25+ Posts

Question- how much help is Major going to get from your old RB coach? What does Major know about coaching RBs? Or am I mistaken that he is the new RB coach?

On face value- this one is a no brainer as far as position coaches are concerned. Runner up to the Heisman and one of the best option QBs of all time or Major.

18. LotusBlade

LotusBlade 25+ Posts

19. bolt1963

bolt1963 25+ Posts

Lotus- CU is 16th in all time wins and 22nd in all time winning percentage. Not as good as UT- but no, not one of the most losing programs.

20. TheUltimateDivas

TheUltimateDivas 25+ Posts

21. LotusBlade

LotusBlade 25+ Posts

22. honolulu horn

honolulu horn 100+ Posts

Okay, I'll play. I'll answer the original question. I believe Mack has every chance of locking it up at the in-home because he's done it so many times before. Why the hell else is he getting on a plane to visit the guy? Because his experience tells him he has a reasonable shot at getting it done right then and there.

Do I expect DS to come out and announce he's committed after the in-home? No. He'll stick by his word and announce on signing day. Maybe CU, maybe UT. But the in-home is huge. If DS does commit to UT on signing day, I bet he'll say shortly after announcing that the home visit sealed the deal.

Oh, and I can't help it, but I've lived in Boulder and in Austin. Austin wins in all categories. Come down and have a beer.

23. LotusBlade

LotusBlade 25+ Posts

24. Buff Fan!

Buff Fan! 25+ Posts

"Texas offers Scott the best choice for his NFL future. Texas has a much better OL right now and in the future. "

I would only disagree slightly. No one knows where the CU O will be in a few years. If I had to bet on which O would be better right now I would say UT, but CU is still a bit of an unknown, and certainly could be pretty good.

In the end this is an 18 year old making the decision....who knows what will factor in the decision. Seems that he will do well with either decision.

25. bolt1963

bolt1963 25+ Posts

No, they weren't one of the losingest programs before 1980. They were actually quite horrible in the 80s until 1988. But keep trying man.

As for RB coaches. Yes, I am quite familiar with what is involved with position coaches. I agree, Major is a very good offensive mind. I was asking how much help he is going to get from your former RB coach. Although he is a "genius"- you don't walk in and coach a position "well" right off the bat. I see Mack working to get his successor in the program- but RB coach just doesn't seem like a fit to me.
    And yes, Hagan is an ex-QB. And ex-OPTION QB and one of the best of all time. And fwiw- a very solid RB coach.

26. SWHorn

SWHorn 500+ Posts

27. Endust

Endust 500+ Posts

hasn't Scott been recruiting other kids for CU?

28. bolt1963

bolt1963 25+ Posts

yes- he was mentioned with our latest big time recruits. But as someone pointed out- that was before Charles decided to declare. We haven't had a commit since- but we are pretty much full too. Might take one or two more.

29. RomaVicta

RomaVicta 5,000+ Posts

He'll come here because we ate their doggy! Hell, we ate our own mascot back in the day. You can't say no to that kind of badassery. No sir.

[​IMG]

30. runthebone

runthebone 100+ Posts

Let me congratulate you on going from first time poster to 25+ in one thread in such a short amount of time. That, my friend, takes skill and, quite possibly, unemployment.