MACk going with Major to Visit Scott

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by hot_c_win_horns, Jan 16, 2008.

1. bolt1963

bolt1963 25+ Posts

It does take skill, I can agree with that.

As for employment. Absolutely no need. Haven't needed a job since 2004 and doubt I will come close to exhausting my bank account before my dirt nap.

Tomorrow I plan on spending the day skiing- so you will most likely not have the pleasure of my trolling skill.

2. 13evO

13evO 500+ Posts

3. ATX_HORN

ATX_HORN 25+ Posts

Bolt, I guess this quote from tomorrow's newspaper is justanother example of Scott playing with us...

"Texas is still in the same place they were before. They hold a slight lead over Colorado."

[​IMG] Link

4. bolt1963

bolt1963 25+ Posts

Hey- you said it, not me.

Apple what? Hilarious.

Once again- I will take his 4 year relationship with his position coach at CU over Apple what any day.

And yes, I understand that was a direct quote from him telling the Statesman that UT has a slight lead. He makes an excellent politician. I am more impressed with this kid by the day.

5. Bevo5

Bevo5 1,000+ Posts

that's funny....

That he doesn't know who he is....kind of funny that is.

6. LotusBlade

LotusBlade 25+ Posts

Bolt old buddy!

Scott tells EVERYONE that Texas is leading right now. It doesn't matter who you're with. He tells the truth.

Also Hagan has not been in contact with him for four years.

Scott is a very honest kid and you have a lot to learn about recruiting and the press. They will repeatedly ask these kids questions until they get an answer that will make their paying public happy.

However Scott has been telling everyone for days that Texas leads.

What was CU's record in the Big Eight before 1980? Remember CU was in a bowl game in 85,86... Sorry if I wasn't clear about CU. Looking at their total wins is hard to do because over 50 of their wins are over HIGH SCHOOLS and over 100 of them against non-acredited universities. So their record looks much healthier than it was. So you look at their Big Eight record. Sure they weren't KSU but they were bad.

And last Hagan never was runner up for the Heisman. The best he ever finished was FIFTH.

7. pulque

pulque 1,000+ Posts

8. Rissin

Rissin < 25 Posts

breaking news : i have inside info that scott is headed to UT

9. longyak

longyak 250+ Posts

10. bolt1963

bolt1963 25+ Posts

Lotus Buddy-

If Scott tells the truth all the time, then Hagan has been recruiting him since his freshman year. I thought it was his soph year- but according to Scott it was his freshman year- so since he always tells the truth- ask him.

Also- if he is always telling the truth in his interviews. Whats up with the misdirection? He says on CSTV that he will get used to the cold (which he knows isn't bad) and that we have indoor facilities. Then a week later he says that CU doesn't have indoor facilities. He knows we do. So whats up with the conflicting quotes?

I agree he has said for two weeks now that Apple what?? and UT lead for his signature.

I will also say again that I feel great about it everytime he says it. Lemming wants suspense for his announcement on TV. The more people think he is going to play for Apple What??? (remember, he always tells the truth in his interviews) and UT- the better I feel- not that I need it.

Anyway- you are welcome for the fun day yesterday. This board was so dead- figured I would liven it up a bit. Off to the slopes - will talk to you all later.

11. sessamoid

sessamoid 500+ Posts

Snow aggy ice troll.

12. ballrific

ballrific 500+ Posts

13. ShadowNinja

ShadowNinja 100+ Posts

page 8 holla!

14. OUsucksATMblows

OUsucksATMblows 250+ Posts

I thought bolt was going to spend the day on the slopes????

15. ShadowNinja

ShadowNinja 100+ Posts

don't question halfpipe aggy

16. OrangeChipper

OrangeChipper 1,000+ Posts

Bolt must still think that Giuliani is the frontrunner in the GOP race.

Hello, that was LAST MONTH.

These are teenagers we are talking about and the recruiting process is a fluid one.

Since last month...
    A) Weather has gotten colder in Boulder.
    B). Texas has hired best available DC
    C) Texas has hired great Running back coach.
    D) His biggest concern about Texas - JC - has declared for the NFL draft.

I hope you are counting your chickens based on last month's news. Who knows what will happen, but the latest quotes are much more reliable than those from over a month ago.

Peace OUT!

17. ophorn23

ophorn23 100+ Posts

18. DAGMAR

DAGMAR 250+ Posts

19. Les Claypool

Les Claypool 25+ Posts

20. Victorious1

Victorious1 250+ Posts

CU better hope that Scott doesn't base his decision on the weather. It was -9 degrees when I drove into work yesterday and I'm 100 miles SOUTH of Boulder.

21. Buff Fan!

Buff Fan! 25+ Posts

It has been cold here the last hew days......20s/30s in metro denver. That being said, all in all Denver has a pretty mild climate. Was down in Austin last summer and had a hard time with the humidity. Guess it depends on what you are looking for.

Kinda crazy trying to predict (much less guarantee) what an 18 year old will do......

22. bolt1963

bolt1963 25+ Posts

Come on guys- I am gone most of the day and this is all you can come up with? Was expecting many more insults and flames than this.

BTW- yes, its damn cold. Even colder in the mountains. That was a very poor idea on my part.

Nothing really to add. Orangechipper had an interesting comment. Had no idea "Apple What" was a "great" RB coach. I know he is a genius and all- but maybe a little too early to annoint him a great RB coach?

This kid really needs to run for office after his NFL career. He is so good.

23. honolulu horn

honolulu horn 100+ Posts

Bolt has started to bore me.

24. Ctexan

Ctexan 100+ Posts

I dont recall Austin being very humid...weather in Austin is very similar to California. Now Houston where I live is humid.

25. Buff Fan!

Buff Fan! 25+ Posts

I guess humid compared to Denver.....

And Houston was also pretty rough. Played golf in July.....that was brutal.

26. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

If I had my choice, I'd take Denver's climate any time.

With that said, I don't agree with bolt's assertions. I am excited about our prospects with Scott.

27. HousHorn09

HousHorn09 2,500+ Posts

Well obviously this is Bolt. We should feel so graced by his "insider knowledge".
    [​IMG]

28. texascoder

texascoder 1,000+ Posts

29. Pentaconta

Pentaconta 1,000+ Posts

Folks, don't feed the troll. bolt obviously craves the attention.

Though as an aside, bolt is a prime example of why I pull for Nebraska in the annual CU-NU rivalry. And yes, I lived in Colorado for almost five years. Nearly every Husker fan who hangs out on here on Hornfans is pleasant and knowledgeable. On the other hand, many (though certainly not all) CU fans remind me of bolt. Typical Boulder elitist attitude. Few people can afford to live there, and yet those who do think they're better than everyone else. Thank you, I'll take Fort Collins any day.

Anyway, back to the topic. Looking forward to the prospect of landing Scott, though I know we have been burned before. Perriloux and Brantley being two prime examples. I will wait until signing day before I celebrate.

30. HornBud

HornBud 2,500+ Posts

10 years, 10 AP Freshmen of the year.

'nuff said. [​IMG]