Mack says we will line up in the wishbone!

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by LAktownhorn, Nov 7, 2012.

1. LAktownhorn

LAktownhorn 250+ Posts

Mack Brown ‏@UT_MackBrown

Today we mourn the loss & Sat we celebrate. We'll wear a DKR decal on our helmet & we'll honor coach by lining up in wishbone to start game

2. IdahoanHorn

IdahoanHorn 250+ Posts

[​IMG] I was thinking what they could to to celebrate DR's legacy. there is no better way than the wishbone. There is no person that has done more for texas athletics maybe any collegiate athletics. He is what doing things the right way are, and what Texas athletics should follow.

3. texas_ex2000

texas_ex2000 2,500+ Posts

I wouldn't be surprised if Harsin and Major made this into a real package.

4. Bill in Sinton

Bill in Sinton 5,000+ Posts

I wish more of us could see it on tv but this is a great gesture. Well done Coach Mack.

[​IMG]

5. RJDriver

RJDriver 100+ Posts

This is beyond awesome.

6. coolhorn

coolhorn 2,500+ Posts

I've been way down on Mack since the OU game, but big time props to him on lining up in the Wishbone. I think it's a terrific way to honor Coach Royal, and it's just another example of why Mack Brown is the second best head coach the Horns have ever had, behind Coach Royal. Hook 'Em, and thank goodness, we've got the quality of running backs to honor the Wishbone and its' inventor. [​IMG]

7. Texas___Fight

Texas___Fight 2,500+ Posts

I am going to cry like a baby [​IMG] ....but it will be an awesome tribute [​IMG]

8. dillohorn

dillohorn Guest

Congrats to the 38 people who can catch the game on the Limpin Longhorn Net. I doubt that DKR was in favor of the limited exposure that the LHN has brought upon the program. That said, I appreciate the tribute to him.

9. freyguy

freyguy 250+ Posts

Win or lose, I'd love to see us play the whole game in that formation.

10. Texas Rugby

Texas Rugby 100+ Posts

It is a great tribute and one that is overdue.

11. BigEarlinBastrop

BigEarlinBastrop 250+ Posts

Mack said "line up" not "run a play". But, let's hope Harsin is working with his stable of backs to run it! JG or Daje getting the pitch and following two blockers around the edge would be awesome. [​IMG]

12. Mr. Fiesta

Mr. Fiesta 1,000+ Posts

13. Vol Horn 4 Life

Vol Horn 4 Life Good Bye To All The Rest!

Fiesta, I am one of those that wish I could see this tribute. He could have worded it better, but as big of a football legend DKR was it sucks that everyone can't see it on regular tv. It's a great gesture by Mack, but at the same time it's almost a slap in the face to the 95% of fans that can't enjoy it.

14. LAktownhorn

LAktownhorn 250+ Posts

i'm guessing the wishbone went away b/c people figured out how to defend it. so how do you defend it?

15. BigEarlinBastrop

LHN tribute to Coach Royal
    The Link

16. Whiterock Horn

Whiterock Horn 1,000+ Posts

17. BigEarlinBastrop

LHN tributeThe Link

Memorial service Tuesday noon at Erwin Center.

18. bck031

bck031 1,000+ Posts

19. MeaHorn

MeaHorn 500+ Posts

Can't wait. I say we run it the whole game! [​IMG]

20. tejas77

tejas77 1,000+ Posts

I can't say it any better than coolhorn did. [​IMG]

21. geezerhorn

geezerhorn 1,000+ Posts

22. rickysrun

rickysrun 2,500+ Posts

a better tribute would be 11 conference championships, but I'll take the wishbone as a nod to the great DKR.

23. Texas Taps

Texas Taps 5,000+ Posts

They'll probably throw a pass out of it [​IMG]

24. CraigHorn

CraigHorn 500+ Posts

Not that it matters alot, but I wish we would line up in the Wish-bone without having said so beforehand. And then, actually run a play or plays out of the formation a few times over the course of the game.

But I live Mack and am good with whatever

25. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

26. Mobyhorn

Mobyhorn 250+ Posts

They should call "Veer 53 Right."

27. L.A.Longhorn

L.A.Longhorn 250+ Posts

28. Hpslugga

Hpslugga 2,500+ Posts

They need to go ahead and call Emory Bellard's old reliable 36 Belly.

[​IMG]

29. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

Put Shipley there in place of Monroe/Goodwin/Johnson. Have Ash hand off the ball, and then have that guy lateral it back to Shipley for the pass! Just for S&G's....

Seriously though, if we run a play it has the potential to go up there in Longhorn lore next to Major Applewhite kneeling the ball on the point-after to keep the score at 44-14...

30. Hu_Fan

Hu_Fan Guest