Mail order tamales for Christmas

Discussion in 'Rusty's Grill' started by SeaGail, Nov 17, 2009.

1. SeaGail

SeaGail 100+ Posts

I know most of you live within easy buying distance of real tamales (especially those in S.A.), but has anyone purchased tamales online from some place in Texas (preferably South Texas) that were worth the money?

We love living in the Pacific Northwest (18 years now), but there is quite a dearth of homecookin' places to each and we will forever miss a good burger, chicken fried steak, Tex-Mex, and barbecue.

Thanks for any info ...

Gail in WA
    Hook 'em [​IMG]

2. AustinTejasFan

AustinTejasFan 1,000+ Posts

Try Odessa Tortilla and Tamale Factory. The Link

Or this one. The Link

Please post feedback here.

3. general35

general35 5,000+ Posts

not your traditional tex mex tamales but the online tamales that you can buy online at william sonoma are outstanding. A lot of their food is actually only it is expensive. I think they make for great gifts.

4. NickDanger

NickDanger 2,500+ Posts

delicioustamales.com or adelitatamales.com. I prefer Adelitas, but mainly because I drive past it on the way to the ranch. Ruben's tamales is my actual favorite, but I kinda doubt that they ship. I know almost nothing about delicioustamales. There used to be a place called deliciosa, but it doesn't appear to be the same. Maybe it is.

5. J.R.69

J.R.69 250+ Posts

Alamo tamales in Clear Lake City make excellent tamales--pork, chicken, beef, etc., and they ship by air anywhere in U.S.
    The Link