Malcom Brown to NFL

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by accuratehorn, Jan 8, 2015.

1. accuratehorn

accuratehorn 10,000+ Posts

per KEYE sports on 6:00 news.
    Not a surprise, but I am always disappointed when college players turn pro early.
    I wish MB the best in the future.

2. Horns11

Horns11 10,000+ Posts

I think he's probably the 2nd or 3rd best DT prospect coming out, including seniors. Mock drafts don't have him any earlier than 3rd round for some of the prognosticators, but I wouldn't be surprised if he snuck up into the 2nd. He's better than Diggs, Hicks, Shipley, Harris, and any other draft-eligible player we're providing.

3. nra1775

nra1775 250+ Posts

4. Badass

Badass 2,500+ Posts

I read he would leave with 1st or 2nd round grade which I read he got. Good for MB [​IMG]

5. dillohorn

dillohorn Guest

Best of luck to him.

6. caryhorn

caryhorn 5,000+ Posts

He played great. Bet he goes no lower than 2nd round, and expect him to go late 1st. Best of Luck Big Malcom!!
    [​IMG]

7. l00p

l00p 10,000+ Posts

Go get 'em, MB! Here is to a long, productive and injury free career.

8. FWHORN

FWHORN 10,000+ Posts

Never begrudge a kid going pro especially when he is married and has two kids to provide for. Shelf life for pro football is very short and he needs to maximize the amount of years he can earn that paycheck. He is ready and most mock drafts have him first round graded so this is an easy decision. Thanks for three great years and good luck in the NFL. [​IMG]

9. caryhorn

caryhorn 5,000+ Posts

10. Jim Bob

Jim Bob 1,000+ Posts

Best of luck, Malcom. [​IMG] At least we know for sure that a Horn will be drafted this year.

11. Kadabra

Kadabra 100+ Posts

Late 1st round? That'd be great if the cowboys get him!

12. Seattle4UT

Seattle4UT 1,000+ Posts

Looking forward to seeing at least 1 Longhorn drafted in the upcoming NFL draft. [​IMG]

13. kbrown

kbrown 1,000+ Posts

Good for Malcom....we all knew it was coming. I'm wishing for him to get drafted as high as possible! Any event, he is gonna make a living...go get em

14. bck031

bck031 1,000+ Posts

This one has him at 30:

Link

15. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

Mid-late first round is the best spot to be drafted from one way of looking at it. Still get a lot of money, but you get to play for a contender instead of a dumpster fire (no offense to Buckeye fans meant with that term).

16. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  17. ProdigalHorn

ProdigalHorn 10,000+ Posts

When the light when on with MB, it really went on. Everyone knew he had the physical tools to be a dominating DT, so it was just a question of things clicking for him from a technique standpoint. He'll likely be a much better pro player than he was here, and he was pretty good here in his last season.

• Like Like x 1