Mallett denied request for eligibility next year

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by KingBobo81, May 2, 2008.

1. KingBobo81

KingBobo81 250+ Posts

Guess we will be be facing Arkansas with Dick behind center.

ESPN

2. gobears92

gobears92 Guest

Why would anyone consciously choose to go to Arky???

[​IMG]

3. UTViking

UTViking 250+ Posts

In order to keep a year of eligibility, he should petition the NCAA for a medical reshirt on account of his tearing a fallopian tube.

4. preznick555

preznick555 25+ Posts

Without Jones and McFadden the piggy offense should be completely inept next year. We should be able to score 14 and win....

5. PFD

PFD 1,000+ Posts

6. HatDaddy

HatDaddy 1,000+ Posts

couldn't imagine he really thought he had a shot at getting cleared to play this year.

7. Napoleon

Napoleon 2,500+ Posts

I guess that this was like declaring for the NBA draft after your Junior year, but not hiring an agent. He had nothing to lose by at least asking. Of course, I can't imagine that he actually thought that he would have elegibility granted.

[​IMG]

8. coolhorn

coolhorn 2,500+ Posts

Safe to say Mallett was hammered by the NCAA on his request to play for the swine this coming season.

9. cochamps

cochamps 2,500+ Posts

Dick may be behind the center, but they will be Nuttless.

10. coolhorn

coolhorn 2,500+ Posts

I started to say Piggy wasn't gonna have Dick at quarterback this year, but I'd have been wrong.

11. Rick

Rick < 25 Posts

No way the NCAA wanted to open up this can of worms. They'd have their desks full of appeals every winter (and fall and summer for other sports).

On a side note, my cousin who ives in Arky said the problem with last year's team was that they had 2 Dicks (Casey and his bro) and 1 Nutt. Wonder how they'll do with 2 Dicks and No Nutts. Food for thought....

12. whocares2008

whocares2008 100+ Posts

If Houston Nutt can beat you in Austin, I have a hunch Bobby Petrino can too. Hell, even Aggie is beating you in Austin now a days.

Furthermore, I doubt a transfer QB, that no one had penciled in anyway, will have even the slightest amount of impact on the game.

13. koh

koh < 25 Posts

I'm sad that I'll probably be leaving Texas after this football season and I won't get to see a big game at DKR.

14. pulque

pulque 1,000+ Posts

Maybe they can get Ryan P. as well. What's the deal with Pig QB's going to USC and QB' from Michigan transferring in? Sounds like a lot of instability, unkept promises and BS to me. Glad we are TEXAS!!! [​IMG]

15. l00p

l00p 10,000+ Posts

I guess in a razorbacks limited intelligence and memory they forget we beat them at home as well. So I guess you have the advantage having this game at DKR. Yeesh.

What say you give me a buck for every Texas win over Arky and me a buck to you for every head to head the other way around. This will be a fun game.

16. PFD

PFD 1,000+ Posts

17. H-D Rider

H-D Rider 1,000+ Posts

18. TaylorTRoom

TaylorTRoom 1,000+ Posts

If Arkansas wins, it will be Petrino's first road win ever (not counting the neutral site Liberty Bowl win over Boise) against a ranked team (assuming we're ranked).

Here are his previous road games against ranked teams:

2003- #13 TCU (28 - 31)
    2004- #3 Miami (38 - 41)
    2005- played no ranked teams until Gator Bowl loss to VT
    2006- #15 Rutgers (25 - 28)

19. Hu_Fan

Hu_Fan Guest