Malzahn to Arky St.

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by Rex Kramer, Dec 14, 2011.

1. Rex Kramer

Rex Kramer 1,000+ Posts

2. Knoxville-Horn

Knoxville-Horn 1,000+ Posts

Yes, it's horrible, this idea.

Unless he just wants to go home.

3. WabashCannon

WabashCannon 250+ Posts

Does seem like a strange move. Wouldn't say it's horrible. Just not the expected path for a high profile OC.

4. Pentaconta

Pentaconta 1,000+ Posts

This, combined with the recent departure of the Auburn DC to a lateral position at UCF, makes me wonder if something's about to hit the fan at Auburn. Odd move.

Though it's probably not a bad gig for a first-time head coach. Arky State has been moderately successful in the Sun Belt, and expectations to win there aren't astronomical.

Then there is the crazy wife factor as well...

5. atxbomber

atxbomber 1,000+ Posts

That's what happens when your bat-**** crazy wife makes you and your current job into a punchline.

6. Laphroaig10

Laphroaig10 1,000+ Posts

Not surprised to see the folk here still parroting bammer talking points. Guys, not every OC is Greg Davis. Sometimes, other people want OCs at high profile programs. 3 in the SEC West lost OCs to HC positions, and one in the East has.

7. Rex Kramer

Rex Kramer 1,000+ Posts

8. geezerhorn

geezerhorn 1,000+ Posts

9. dillohorn

dillohorn Guest

After watching the 14 minute Youtube interview of Kristi Malzahn I conclude that the woman is an absolute nutcase. She and Gus were probably told to leave Auburn. I'd be afraid to hire Gus with that baggage coming along.

10. Laphroaig10

Laphroaig10 1,000+ Posts

Rex,

I didn't say Arky St was a high profile program. Auburn is. Coordinators from such programs are often in demand. 4 of 12 SEC OCs have already left for HC positions just this year. Malzahn is the norm; Davis is unusual.

11. Laphroaig10

Laphroaig10 1,000+ Posts

dillo,

That's a neat Bama talking point, but humans aren't moved by a heavily doctored homemade youtube vid made by a rival fan. I suppose the less evolved simply did what they were told to do by the prompts.

12. atxbomber

atxbomber 1,000+ Posts

tinfoil hat

13. Laphroaig10

Laphroaig10 1,000+ Posts

What is tinfoil hat like? You may be swayed by a YouTube video edited by a rival fan, but humans aren't. Nobody is making multi-million dollar decisions based on a rival fans' YouTube silliness.

14. zsubnot

zsubnot 100+ Posts

wasn't he offered a mil a year at auburn? Can arky state pay more? Is auburn about to go down? Inquiring minds want to know...

15. coolhorn

coolhorn 2,500+ Posts

I guess I haven't been keeping up...what's the deal with Malzahn's "significant other"? I'm not sure I've ever heard a wife used as a reason for a coach to demote himself like Malzahn's apparently done.

16. Knoxville-Horn

Knoxville-Horn 1,000+ Posts

What did his wife say/do? I can't watch Youtube at work.

17. dillohorn

dillohorn Guest

Demeaner was that of a drunk or psychotic. Dissing the 18 to 22 year olds that play college football as not being very bright, said was glad to be out of sec, dissed last years mnc game, etc, you name it..

18. Squall

Squall 500+ Posts

I get very tired of all the Hornfans who invade Alabama message boards, grab the talking points, then bring them back here.

Frankly, I find it uphauling. [​IMG]

19. Laphroaig10

Laphroaig10 1,000+ Posts

Squall,

You don't have to go to the message boards. The YouTube video clip made by Bama fan and sports agent John Phillips went viral. You probably sent it out to others too.

20. Laphroaig10

Laphroaig10 1,000+ Posts

Knoxville horn,

A Bama grad and sports agent named John Phillips got a tape of Kristi Malzahn giving an interview at a church function in Arkansas. He edited, and included text prompts telling you what your opinion should be. Humans were unaffected; dillohorn believes he has to obey every command of the prompts.

Of particular scandalous note, she said 18-22 year olds often make poor decisions, that she was enjoying her recent status as an empty nester, and that she thought Cam Newton was a good looking young man.

She also said that Gus recruited potential student-athletes, which the video claimed was an NCAA violation.

The SEC comment was a complete fabrication by dillohorn.

21. Squall

Squall 500+ Posts

Haven't seen the video yet. (or sent it out to others)

Who needs to, we have your posts to read.

You care enough that you know who edited the video [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

22. dillohorn

dillohorn Guest

You presumptuous as*. I didn't even read the prompts.The prompts don't stay up long enough to read them even if you wanted to. I am very well able to see the woman and hear her words though. Are you able to read my mind or are you a relative of the woman trying to defend the undefendable? Good grief. [​IMG]

23. Squall

Squall 500+ Posts

dillohorn - please be careful, he's Christian so he can tell people that they're going to Hell.

just looking out for you man.

24. Laphroaig10

Laphroaig10 1,000+ Posts

Squall,

Scarbinsky has an article, today, that mentions the guy who did the video. His name was also on it when it was first circulated. So, essentially, you are mocking me for being literate. Helpful advice: outside of Bama fandom, that isn't considered a bad thing.

25. Squall

Squall 500+ Posts

No, I was mocking you for you being a liar and a hypocrite, but now i can move to mocking you for reading Scarbinsky.

[​IMG]

26. Laphroaig10

Laphroaig10 1,000+ Posts

Knowing things doesn't make one a liar and a hypocrite. Again, knowledge is something that's not considered bad outside of the Bama fanbase.

27. dillohorn

dillohorn Guest

Thanks. By the way, I can't find the youtube interview with Malzahn today. Must have been removed.

28. Rex Kramer

Rex Kramer 1,000+ Posts

29. Laphroaig10

Laphroaig10 1,000+ Posts

No "penis envy"'of Alabama. Posters on this site frequently regurgitate their talking points, and were doing so in this thread. I was simply pointing out the obvious.

The Malzahn/Davis comparison was simply an attempt to explain that coordinators are frequently hired as HCs, and that offense has often been the "hot" side of the ball lately (including this year). Thus, the idea that a coordinator leaving for a HC position implies something sinister is absurd. It's simply something that happens, frequently.

Ark St isn't a bad first HC job, especially for a guy with just over half a decade at the college level at all. He got beat out for the three BCS level jobs he was a candidate for (KU, UNC, OM) by guys with HC experience (including Hugh Freeze, who pursued a similar recent HS to college meteoric rise, and came from coaching at ... Arkansas State!).

Of the four SEC OCs that got HC positions this year, the one that got a BCS job was Weis, who had HC experience. The three that didn't got Colorado State (McElwain), UAB (McGee), and Ark State.

Gus will do well in his own backyard, and parlay it into a better gig, like Freeze did. My guess is that when Petrino moves on, gus is the new king in Fayetteville