Mandatory Vaccines

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by Chop, Jan 22, 2021.

1. Chop

Chop 5,000+ Posts

COVID-19 vaccines should be mandatory--when the vaccine is available for all. It will be mandatory for jobs, travel, school, admission to public buildings and spaces, etc. Exceptions can be made for those who have legitimate medical reasons (as determined by a licensed MD or DO) for not taking the vaccine. Selfish persons who rely on the herd immunity from others being vaccinated will be out of luck. We live in the 21st Century folks, act like it.

• poop poop x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • WTF? WTF? x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. UTChE96

UTChE96 2,500+ Posts

It will be essentially be mandatory for me since I travel. I suspect most countries will require a vaccine passport.

• Like Like x 1
  3. theiioftx

theiioftx Sponsor Deputy

I have an employee who recently beat breast cancer. Had a follow up scan after getting the vaccine. Scan looked like cancer had returned. A week later they determined it was caused by the vaccine. I plan on getting it when my turn comes, but not sure making it mandatory is the right answer. There are still way too many unknowns in all of the virus, treatments and vaccines.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • WTF? WTF? x 2
  4. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez 10,000+ Posts

Are they selfish, or are they suspicious? It's possible that they are skeptical of a vaccine developed and tested in 9 months when vaccines normally take years to develop and test. It's possible that they doubt the sincerity of drugmakers who swear the vaccine is safe and effective but won't stand by that promise and accept responsibility if it turns out to be ineffective or unsafe.

As I've said before, my plan is to get the vaccine, but I'm not going to panic and get it immediately. I'll let the people who irrationally treat Covid like it's the bubonic plague be the guinea pigs and get it right away. If it proves to be safe after several months or a year, then I'll probably get it. However, I'm not going to be shamed into getting it, and the more people try to shame me, the more suspicious I'll be and the more resistant I'll be to getting it.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. iatrogenic

iatrogenic 2,500+ Posts

I saw an article out of Israel saying the Pfizer vaccine is 50% effective, not 95%. Not sure if anyone knows what the hell works and what doesn't work anymore.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

This confirms what Pfizer has said that the vaccine is 50% effective in first 20 days until second dose. I saw the Israel quote - only applies to first 20 days.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. AustinHorn24

AustinHorn24 250+ Posts

This is a giant loophole. There are quack dotors out there that will write an exemption for whatever you want, if you pay them the the right amount of money.

8. Monahorns

Monahorns 5,000+ Posts

Mandatory action is slavery. No thank you. Give me natural rights and private property rights (including my own body). Anything else is an ethical violation.

• Agree Agree x 3
  9. AustinHorn24

AustinHorn24 250+ Posts

It's mandatory to pay taxes too. Good luck telling the IRS that you aint payin no taxes because it's slavery.

• Funny Funny x 2
  10. Monahorns

Monahorns 5,000+ Posts

Yes. Taxation is theft. But I pay the thief or I get put in a cage.

Same as in an alley. I hand over my wallet because the alternative is worse. That doesn't mean the outcome was good or desired.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. theiioftx

theiioftx Sponsor Deputy

Liberals are funny. The government can’t tell a woman what to do with her body regarding killing a baby, but they can require a human to take a vaccine? Hypocrisy knows no bounds with libtards.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. iatrogenic

iatrogenic 2,500+ Posts

Good luck telling those Nazis you're not getting on the train to Auschwitz.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Chop

Chop 5,000+ Posts

Your snide insulting remark reflecting clients of the Department of Mental Health and Mental Retardation is noted. The very reasonable step of requiring vaccinations is neither liberal nor illiberal. It’s common sense. Under Jacobsen v Mass., state governments may do this. Those wild eyed liberals in early 1900s Massachusetts sure we’re out of line, huh.

The anti-vax crowd is largely a blend of granola munchers, members of odd religious cults, has been actors, and the sort of folks who worry about a lot their bodily fluids. They have done much harm with their drivel about vaccines causing autism.

14. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez 10,000+ Posts

Chop, just to be clear, I generally agree with you about vaccines. There is a big difference between anti-vax and skepticism of this particular vaccine. They aren't comparable issues.

• Agree Agree x 4
  15. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Also a big difference in spreading out vaccinations over months instead of 6 in one day.

16. Chop

Chop 5,000+ Posts

Nothing wrong with spreading them out a bit as long as you get them.

17. theiioftx

theiioftx Sponsor Deputy

As I stated, I will likely take the vaccine when my age bracket becomes available. No matter what you put in your body, there is reaction to the foreign substance. Health professionals know this and it is why many are refusing to take it.

Why should someone be forced to take a vaccine they do not want? It is their risk and their freedom of choice. This virus will be studied for many years to come. When all is said and done, it will be determined that the death rate was very low when you just count those who actually died of the virus versus died with the virus.

18. Monahorns

Monahorns 5,000+ Posts

Sometimes laws are unjust. Requiring vaccination is 100% illiberal. But it is progressive or fascistic. It follows Rousseau's flawed general will theory. It is nothing but tyranny masquerading as compassion.

Either you own your own body or the government does. When the government owns your body. That is called slavery.

You are conflating two issues. I am not an anti-vaxxer. I take the flu shot every year and have made sure my kids all got theirs for school. But that is different than forcing people to get them. That is wrong.

• Like Like x 1
  19. AustinHorn24

AustinHorn24 250+ Posts

A baby gets exposed to tens of thousands of antigens during pregnancy, and then many hundreds of new antigens while traveling thru the birth canal during labor/delivery.

6 vaccines is a drop in the bucket.

20. AustinHorn24

AustinHorn24 250+ Posts

It is reasonable to be skeptical of a new vaccine. It is entirely unreasonable to be skeptical of all vaccines in general.

If health professionals want to be cautious about the COVID vaccine, then fine.

But if they refuse all vaccines they should be kicked out of the profession and wear a dunce cap.

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. iatrogenic

iatrogenic 2,500+ Posts

Since you are distributing all the dunce caps, tell me the difference between most vaccines and antigens encountered during pregnancy and in the birth canal.

22. theiioftx

theiioftx Sponsor Deputy

Well here comes mooch24 again with a false narrative. I didn’t say clinicians refuse all vaccines. What I said is anything foreign entering your body will cause a reaction. A new vaccine for a virus they will with most certainty survive if they get it, is something many will wait and see what the side effects are. Anyone that is compromised is a dunce if they don’t take it. Anyone who isn’t compromised has every right to wait and see. Either way, the government should not be able to force anyone to take an injection they do not want.

And if you think it should be mandatory to prevent deaths, let’s regulate how much each American can eat, what they eat, what they drink, abolish tobacco and require everyone to wear a helmet while in a car. The death rate will plummet.

• Funny Funny x 1
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2021
  23. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

iis
    Don't you mean the Gov't should NOT be able to force people to get the vaccine?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  24. Monahorns

Monahorns 5,000+ Posts

25. Chop

Chop 5,000+ Posts

Unethical, you say...

Persons who can take the vaccine, have no medical reason not to, and simply choose not to take it are unethical.

26. Vol Horn 4 Life

Vol Horn 4 Life 5,000+ Posts

This is not the plague. People are not falling dead in the streets and it's well documented the relatively low death rates are grossly over stated and completely incorrectly represented yet morons still believe it. Not taking the covid vaccine is similar to not taking a flu shot. There is nothing unethical about refusing a vaccine like this.

If we even had a 5% death rate I would say I might consider it being mandatory, but this type of crap "mandatory action" is what happens when you let fear mongering take over your life. For the record I am not an anti vaccer. I have been vaccinated with so much junk in my military days I have no idea what they actually put in me. I'm spit-balling that about half of my injections made it to my vaccination record.

I especially have no interest in taking a vaccine that modifies your RNA. That's just creepy and to me it's odd you would be "all in" on something modifying your genetic structure but you have no idea the actual effects. It might work, but I'll wait to see the long term result before having a needle full of this stuff jabbed in my arm.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  27. 4th_floor

4th_floor Dude, where's my laptop?

I'll take the vaccine as soon as it's available for me. However, the problem with your statement is who will judge another person's reason for refusing the vaccine? Will it be a government bureaucrat who is trying to impress liberal bosses who decree that all must take the vaccine? Are religious reasons acceptable for refusing the vaccine?

Do you incarcerate people who refuse the vaccine? Do you hold people who are screaming down and inject them? What's the plan?

• Agree Agree x 1
  28. theiioftx

theiioftx Sponsor Deputy

There are a few current investigations on patients who died after being vaccinated. I’m not suggesting that means don’t take it, just saying everyone reacts differently.

29. Chop

Chop 5,000+ Posts

You make some good points. And there are plenty of folks who wrongfully believe they know much more about medicine than medical professionals. Save some dunce caps for them.

• poop poop x 1
  30. theiioftx

theiioftx Sponsor Deputy

The vaccine has been out 1 month and two internet professionals know enough about its effects to force everyone to get it. Looks like 40% of hospital workers are either not getting it or waiting. White trash dunces!

• Funny Funny x 2