Mangos

Discussion in 'Around Austin' started by OrangeBlooded, Feb 24, 2009.

1. OrangeBlooded

OrangeBlooded 500+ Posts

This past weekend, I was reminiscing with a neighbor about our college days. He told the story of him meeting his wife at Mangos.

Neither one of us could recall how long it had been gone. That doesn't matter.

Lets share stories of that place.

2. WhoseHouse

WhoseHouse 250+ Posts

What was it after that, Easy Rhino? That's what was there around the time I either had a good fake ID or turned 21. Can't remember which. I remember my very first football game as a student...it was the one where people were passing out in the stands because of the heat. We couldn't stand it anymore and decided to leave. When we got to my car the rearview mirror had melted off the windshield. Somehow the first place we found to go in and sit down in the A/C was Mango's. It felt really good in there.
    That's all I got.

3. MilkmanDan

MilkmanDan 1,000+ Posts

I bumped into a friend from high school that ended up being a waitress there. Not too out of the ordinary, except our high school was 140 miles away and I had no idea she had moved to Austin.

4. TXSNOS

TXSNOS 1,000+ Posts

I think that place was originally a Bonanza Steakhouse.

5. dallas_the_tiger

dallas_the_tiger 100+ Posts

ahh.. mango's.. that used to be the LSU game watching place back in the late 90's early 2000's. my best memory would have to be the 2000 basketball tourney, second round. [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. TheFied

TheFied 2,500+ Posts

Mangos? Man the name sounds familiar but I don't remember it.

7. MilkmanDan

MilkmanDan 1,000+ Posts

It was a short-lived place on the site of the former Martin Bros. Restaurant.

8. TheFied

TheFied 2,500+ Posts

Never heard of Martin Bros.

9. TXSNOS

TXSNOS 1,000+ Posts