manziel, mahomes, RG III....

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by huisache, Jan 2, 2019.

1. huisache

huisache 2,500+ Posts

we tried to recruit them all as safeties

we now have the best qb since Colt (at least of those who did not get concussed at every turn) and our recruiting looks solid

Please, God, let the kid from Cuero be for real

2. Run Pincher

Run Pincher 2,500+ Posts

I'm sorry but that just isn't correct. No matter how much people repeat Mack recruited manzere as a safety it doesn't make it true. Mack recognized what a cancer he was and passed completely.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Detective Shilala

Detective Shilala 2,500+ Posts

LOL. Yep, we dodged a bullet there. He was/is so immature he would have self-immolated in this city and probably taken several people with him. And we weren't going to assign 24-7 minders to him to keep him out of trouble, or let him become an on-line student. Only in aggyland... That one was a solid decision by Mack.

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. X Misn Tx

X Misn Tx 2,500+ Posts

Lol I don't learn many words during sports conversations. Sailor Ripley is the only one that ever did that to me before today.

5. #2is#1

#2is#1 1,000+ Posts

I think Manziel was committed to Chip Kelly at Oregon, until a skinny kid from Hawaii committed to Oregon too.

6. huisache

huisache 2,500+ Posts

Coach Boom chewed out his Gators for letting a guy recruited by Texas as a safety make them look bad. That was my only source for the comment. As for us controlling him, who was watching Ramonce?

7. George Bailey

George Bailey No beans in my chili, thank you

Cops. Lots and lots of cops....

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. wadster

wadster 5,000+ Posts

Yea, Austin cops are not in bed with the athletic dept

• Funny Funny x 2