Mario and DGB

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by mcbrett, Dec 12, 2011.

1. mcbrett

mcbrett 2,500+ Posts

Anyone have an update of how our 5 star friends are feeling recently?

2. WorsterMan

WorsterMan SEC here we come!!

I have a very good connection to Mario E. and I asked him recently if his firm commitment to FSU has changed and I was told "No"...

3. XOVER

XOVER 500+ Posts

Edwards is quoted as describing his OU sojourn this past weekend as "pretty good," a "nice experience," along with other equally wishy-washy words of empty praise. It looks like he'll stay with FSU or come to Texas at this point in time. It doesn't look like he's quite done visiting others, though.

With DGB, rumors abound that it's Texas / Arkansas, with OU falling to the wayside. Some MO coaches are supposed to have said they wouldn't be surprised if DGB committed to Texas. It's getting close to time to get excited over this one.

Texas might very well close with both of these two big 5 stars. Fingers crossed.

4. I35

I35 5,000+ Posts

XOVER, that is good news that could turn into great news. I think DGB likes the thought of playing with Brewer and Johnathan Gray to make the big three. We have a lot of talent already and I think we are making a run for the champuionship with or without DGB in the up coming years. Of course I want DGB very badly and hope he decides to join the good guys and be a part of a championship team.

Is DGB playing in the AA Game in the Alamo Dome in Jan?

5. l00p

l00p 10,000+ Posts

6. H-D Rider

H-D Rider 1,000+ Posts

7. salonghorn-70

salonghorn-70 2,500+ Posts

H-D, do you have any information on when these two might announce? I appreciate all of the info that you post for us.

8. H-D Rider

H-D Rider 1,000+ Posts

Salonghorn, glad to do it...

DGB & Super Mario don't have a time table that I am aware of and both are expected to take one or two more official visits in January! Dorial canceled his trip to Ou last weekend and still might squeeze one in to Mizzou but he's playing B-Ball and will have to schedule a trip around his games... as for Mario, he still has a trip to Free Shoes U. for the weekend of the 20th and I'm sure that both will make an announcement soon after that weekend. When I read anything regarding potential announcements, I will post it for all...

9. Trusted Insider

Trusted Insider 1,000+ Posts

What type of receiver is DGB? Blazing fast, sure handed? Both? Any comparisons to former Horns?
    edit: just saw the other thread and will check out the vids but still curious as to some of the opinions...

10. Third Coast

Third Coast 10,000+ Posts

DGB is a physical specimen. 6'-6", 220 lbs with a 4.4 forty. I don't know if any former Horns compare to him. DGB may not be quite as fast, but Calvin Johnson comes to mind.

11. mcbrett

mcbrett 2,500+ Posts

Watching his videos- he has the body of LeBron James- tall and athletic, the speed of Marquis Goodwin- and not the same moves as Vince, because he has more bulk to go along with his height, but he definitely can juke people which is amazing to see a 6'6 body, with 220 lbs, do.

It's funny because most recruiting videos start each clip with a small circle around the particular athlete- in DGB's case you just look for the tallest guy and that is him.

12. bazbo

bazbo 500+ Posts

I think its Rivals that compares him to a HS Andre Johnson

13. Puffer

Puffer 250+ Posts

watching his videos, DGB doesn't seem to have the quickness off the ball, it takes him 5-6 steps to reach full speed...no surprise considering his size. reminds me of a rich man's Lovell Pinkney.

14. I35

I35 5,000+ Posts

Randy Moss is too skinny and has a bad attitude

TO just has a bad attitude

Andre Johnson is too short (not 6'6)

Calvin Johnson has to be the closest we see in DGB.

This guy will be special just like Johnathan Gray is at the RB position. If we can get him then teams just need to line up to pick their poison.

15. WorsterMan

Mario visiting ou was primarily to satisfy Sr. He may have said he was impressed and it went well, etc. but he is not serious about anyplace but FSU.

16. I35

I35 5,000+ Posts

In reply to:

17. mcbrett

mcbrett 2,500+ Posts

Worster- that's a bold statement about DGB. May I ask where you heard this?

18. WorsterMan

McBrett - my source was Mario Sr. (I have talked to him about Jr. off and on the last 6 months). He insisted Jr. take some other visits besides FSU and he did. I don't know what is in the kid's head but from what I understand he has been pointing to FSU for a long, long time.

Unless something drastic happened in the last week or so Jr. is still a solid to FSU. Now having said that I would be thrilled to see MB work his snake oil magic and change Jr.s' mind but I don't see that happening.

19. UTFAN4EVER

UTFAN4EVER 250+ Posts

DGB- Ark. I think.
    ME jr. [​IMG]

20. I35

I35 5,000+ Posts