Mario Edwards

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by TigerPride, Jul 18, 2011.

1. TigerPride

TigerPride 1,000+ Posts

One of my assistants tells me he is visiting OU today.........hmmm.

2. tholly

tholly 1,000+ Posts

I heard o$u

3. tholly

tholly 1,000+ Posts

Sorry, I ask again and they did say ou. He could join RJ Washington at DE

4. OldHippie

OldHippie 2,500+ Posts

That guy is a 500 pound bully and will transform any defense he plays for.

5. Uninformed

Uninformed 5,000+ Posts

I'm not convinced that the guy is a DE. I would bet that coaches will want to move him inside. We will see if his has the technique and toughness there. very good athlete for his size, though. And there is no denying that FSU got someone that we wanted.

6. kbrown

kbrown 1,000+ Posts

Did ou cancel summer classes today because they thought he was visiting, or is it between "sessions"?

7. TigerPride

TigerPride 1,000+ Posts

I'm not sure if they are in session or not............my assistant ran into Mario and company at the Switzer center.....says he is a ******* monster........c'mon Bob, we are short on D ends. [​IMG]

8. where_are_my_8s

where_are_my_8s 250+ Posts

I'll see him in person in about a month and a half. He was huge last year. I imagine he is even bigger.

9. Burnt Orangeman

Burnt Orangeman 1,000+ Posts

So if he's having 2nd thoughts about FlaState, why the hell aren't we in the mix? We've been putting as many Dlinemen into the pros as anybody.

10. WorsterMan

WorsterMan SEC here we come!!

OK, most of you know me to some degree and I have never come here and claimed a "connection" with any prospect, but I will claim a serious connection with this kid. I will NOT reveal the source of my information. I will however give straight up facts & what I can share from from time-to-time.

Right now this kid is a serious verbal commit to FSU. He visited ou & met with Stoops recently and was "impressed". Unforatuntely, UT is on his list but nothing more. Something drastic will have to change to get him away from his verbal to FSU.

11. tholly

tholly 1,000+ Posts

Oh well, if we land Agholor I'd call it a push with the Sunshine state...

12. hornpharmd

hornpharmd 5,000+ Posts

Why is he so solid on FSU?

13. tholly

tholly 1,000+ Posts

Since his dad was All American there he probably grew up all about Seminoles, been to many games there, learned the "chop" early, and parents hummed him to sleep at night with that Native American chant of theirs.

14. HousHorn09

HousHorn09 2,500+ Posts

15. AustinBat

AustinBat 2,500+ Posts

16. TigerPride

TigerPride 1,000+ Posts

17. RomaVicta

RomaVicta 5,000+ Posts

18. WorsterMan

WorsterMan SEC here we come!!

In reply to:

"Something drastic will have to change to get him away from his verbal to FSU:

AustinBat - I think you may have thought I said the lying cheating bastads at ou... He is verbally commited to FSU... "Free Shoes University" or garnet and gold not crimson and cream. The Seminoles don't need and won't buy this kid. He has heard about FSU all his life, his Dad was AA there and i suppose he wants to follow him. Fisher and co. have no doubt rolled out the red carpet for him when he comes to Tallahassee (which I know he did July 20-23rd).

I wish UT was in a serious position for this kid because of how good he is on the field and from what I personally know about him - he seems to be a good kid / a good person, but right now UT is not in the hunt.

19. Olehornfan

Olehornfan 2,500+ Posts

I watched the game to see Alex De La Torre but could not stop watching Super Mario slap guys to the ground. What a monster. Wish he would have been ours.

20. OldHippie

OldHippie 2,500+ Posts

Article found at spurstalk.com on Mario Edwards and Johnathan Gray interviewing each other.Link

21. tholly

tholly 1,000+ Posts

I too turned it on to see Alex. He is a good solid player but will need to pack on 25-30 lbs of good muscle to have a chance to be an impact player at the next level...