Marquette

Discussion in 'Women’s Basketball' started by outlookdude, Mar 15, 2011.

1. BBV_Horn

BBV_Horn 1,000+ Posts

I think it's better to have less whistles,,,let 'em play...

However, when 1 team gets to the foul line a lot, and another very few times or NO times...well, then that is not such a good thing...

And, you better be damn sure of game-changing calls (such as 5 sec.) in the last seconds of a game...

I do think that both Texas teams got shafted by refs...but then again, lots of people do not like Texas, period...conspiracy?
    Maybe, but what is done, is done...

If you are ahead by enough points, even the ref can't steal the game...THAT is the key...

[​IMG]

2. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

jusme...hard to say what contributed to the low foul totals in so many of the games. There were also some other games where teams got close to 30 FT's each...some of those were high seed-low seed match-ups while others were games with teams that believe in driving the lane.

It is also entirely possible that a number of squads have simply learned to play defense in a manner that does not lead to tic-tac fouls that turn the refs into a 'look at me' sideshow.

I don't buy into conspiracy theories although there is no question that crappy refs exist throughout the sport (still not sure why the Big Least crew was even permitted to work the NCAA tourney after the fiasco in the conference tournament). I found it interesting that three of the games involving Big 12 WBB teams had very few fouls that resulted in trips to the line, although in all three, the opponents did not get that many trips either...