Massage parlor shootings

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by Creek, Mar 18, 2021.

1. Creek

Creek 1,000+ Posts

The Dems and media immediately called out this as racism against Asians. And this alleged huge upturn of racism against Asians is because Trump called it the China Virus. There are now even Asian protests over this. CNN even asked for personal stories if you have been subjected to racism and your Asian trying to build narrative for their agenda. These were Koreans anyhow, not Chinese.
    How is this racist against Asians, if Asians are running almost all the massage parlors?

2. huisache

huisache 2,500+ Posts

same on NPR this morning. They never did say what the race was of the other two people, which means they were not poc.

3. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

I agree that this appears to have not been race specific. That does not mean that there is not a current movement against Asians that was moved along by Trump & Co.

• poop poop x 7
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • WTF? WTF? x 1
  4. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

There is no 'current movement' against asians, no matter whether one wanted to blame the China Virus or the boat people in the early 80s's that wreaked havoc in the community. They are just the demographic du jour...until recently, they were generally lumped in as white anyhow...

(yes, I know diversity checkboxes often existed for Asian/Pacific Islander, but for scholarship, they were not seeing schools granted woke points for admitting an extra half-dozen ornamentals)

• Hot Hot x 1
  5. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

I expect there is much human trafficking occurring in these "massage parlors", which are probably a front for prostitution and debt/indentured servitude. The massage workers/prostitutes are not to blame. They are victims themselves. The owners and the traffickers who brought them there and who keep them effectively enslaved should be hammered by the law.

It sounds like this guy is a head case.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2021
  6. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

EXACTLY^^^

sadly, the left too often cannot accept that sometimes people just do **** that makes no sense. It does not mean there was a racial component. It is yet another reason why the constant push for "hate crimes/bias crimes" enhancements is just stupid...it adds another element that the State has to prove up. A murder that is senseless is sometimes just that...a senseless act.

7. Creek

Creek 1,000+ Posts

I believe he was mad at prostitutes not Asians.

8. 2003TexasGrad

2003TexasGrad Son of a Motherless Goat

Ok you're not a real person, unless you're actually Juan Williams. I've never ignored someone on here before but you're about to be the first. Utterly devoid of logic.

9. Sheldon Cooper

Sheldon Cooper 100+ Posts

Lol, Vast majority of Asians supported trump. Asians are the most successful demographic in the United States. They didn't get that way by being a bunch of pansy *** liberals.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Hot Hot x 1
  10. Horns11

Horns11 10,000+ Posts

Exit polling had it at 61-34 in favor of Biden. Vast majority?

I get that the vast majority of this board doesn't believe in the existence of bias crime. But there have literally been hundreds of articles since the weekend about the uptick in crime against Asians. I don't believe that Trump caused it. I do believe that a general lack of civility that probably went underreported in the past is now more visible and open.

• Winner Winner x 1
  11. Sheldon Cooper

Sheldon Cooper 100+ Posts

Exit polls mean nothing snice there was so much BS with this last election. Most Asians I've met were extremely pro Trump, but then again, I live in Texas, not New York or California.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. Horn2RunAgain

Horn2RunAgain 2,500+ Posts

Please. Blacks and Asians haven't exactly peacefully coexisted in metropolitan areas for decades. Think Rodney King riots in 1993 or so. The tension between the races came to a boiling point. It had been coming for a very long time

I recall an Afr American I worked with at the time mocking Asian co worker's accents. That was a daily occurrence. Apparently that wasn't uncommon.

Last night Tucker Carlson's show ran 2 tapes of violent attacks on Asians by African Americans. To sit there and say Trump ratcheted up this bad situation is laughable

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2021
  13. Horns11

Horns11 10,000+ Posts

Then maybe read what I wrote and get back to me.

Also, race-based crime against Asians is still race-based crime against Asians, no matter who is perpetrating it. If your argument is that white people have little to do with it, thus absolving the need to do anything about it, then fine.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Horn2RunAgain

Look at the table / data in the link provided. What race is listed as perpetrating "violent incidents" on Asians more than any other?

Hints. Not whites, not Asians.

Tell me again how Trump affected violence against Asians. Use data

Race and Crime: Who Attacks Whom? - American Renaissance

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Horns11

Horns11 10,000+ Posts

Go back up two of my posts and read what I wrote. Please.

16. X Misn Tx

X Misn Tx 2,500+ Posts

Lol I'm always in no man's land here , it seems.

There's no movement against Asians.

But Trump is an crafty old white man. Who played into verbiage of old white men and rural white America. He was purposefully idiotic with his wording about the China virus and about illegals being drug dealers and rapists.

No one here is so ignorant as to call covid 19 a China virus, right? Blaming it on "them?"

But there's no movement. Don't be Democrat Qanon. Lol

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Horn2RunAgain

>>>>If your argument is that white people have little to do with it, thus absolving the need to do anything about it, then fine.<<<

I replied with data. Did you review it?

18. Horns11

Horns11 10,000+ Posts

Misreading - Hornfans Edition
    A PLAY IN ONE ACT
    You: Tell me again how Trump affected violence against Asians. Use data
    Me: I don't believe that Trump caused it.
    FIN

Plus, you replied with data that showed my assertion (your argument was that white people have little to do with it) indeed showed that white people and black people commit a total number of crimes against Asians at a comparative tick.

My bigger concern, however, is that you're using this data moreso to support the latter half of what I stated, which was that we're not supposed to do anything about it.

• Winner Winner x 1
  19. 2003TexasGrad

"I don't believe that Trump caused it."

Excellent. Glad you agree you dismiss the garbage accusations.

20. Horn2RunAgain

Blacks commit a higher percentage of violent intendents on Asians than whites.

There are 250 million white folks in the US.
    There are 44 million black folks in the US.

Yet a higher % of violent incidents on Asians are committed by blacks
    That's not a comparative tick.

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

I don’t know if this has been brought up, but the deceased women had as much value and right to decent treatment, as if they were all Sunday school teachers, without regard to their chosen (or if trafficked, unchosen) profession. They’re the sort of folks Jesus hung out with. Wish I could say the same about IRS employees...

RIP.

• Like Like x 2
  22. Horns11

Horns11 10,000+ Posts

Don't get me wrong; while I believe that Trump isn't the "cause" of anti-Asian sentiment, per se, I also believe there is an uptick of anti-Asian sentiment. Trump is more like a barometer than a catalyst. I'd also like to point out that while @Sheldon Cooper 's interactions with Asians have been very pro-Trump, my interactions have been riddled with lots of narratives about how they've been treated this past year. Including the minister at my church, another person who was a national champion debater in high school, and yet another whose daughter recently passed away from cancer. They're not talking about "crime," they're talking about day-to-day interactions and hate.

Even the data that @Horn2RunAgain posted is from 2018, and we probably won't see 2020 (post-"China"-virus) data for a while. I don't doubt for a second that the FBI and its UCR will indicate this once it's available.

Like I said in my other post, my concern is more that people (or whites in general) shouldn't do anything about crimes against Asians because "their" race isn't the perpetrator of the crimes. "No perfect solution" fallacies are just that.

23. iatrogenic

iatrogenic 2,500+ Posts

24. 2003TexasGrad

And the point we are all making is one Ben Shapiro made very well today. Democrats and their MSM proxies only see racism where it suits their perspective. The fact that it has been demonstrated Blacks commit as many or more crimes against Asians matters not, the fact that colleges and institutions of higher learning actively discriminate against Asians when admitting students matters not. It's only when a white person does anything that the race card is played.

Trump has never advocated for violence against Asians. Not once. His criticism of China being fully responsible for the pandemic doesn't give any one of us license to place any violence at his feet for simply calling China to account. Its utterly absurd to do so and yet here we are.

• Agree Agree x 5
  25. iatrogenic

iatrogenic 2,500+ Posts

Using my best retard voice: That does seem to mean that there is a current movement against Asians that is being moved along by Libs.

• Agree Agree x 1
  26. Horns11

Horns11 10,000+ Posts

Again, I'm not saying that other races don't commit crimes against Asians. Crime is a byproduct of SES and geography. I'm saying there is an uptick of anti-Asian sentiment, both of the criminal variety and non-criminal (anecdotal).

I agree that the media has made this more of an issue since a guy killed a bunch of Asian women, but I also think it's a shame that people have tried to discuss this before 3/16 to great extent and still get the same responses.

27. 2003TexasGrad

When everything is made a partisan issue only when it suits a political end, you're going to get push back. Rape is rape, but when Democrats only fight for women when they can accuse a Republican, they lose all credibility. This is the same thing. We aren't buying it.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  28. Horn2RunAgain

My wife and I coach and teach chess in the DFW area. A vast majority of our kids/ students are Asian Indians, and Asians (mostly from China, one of which I'm sure I caught covid from. I posted about it here). None of these kids nor their parents have mentioned anything about what this topic is about. Some of our students parents are personal friends. If this were a Thing in DFW we'd have heard about it

I've only seen one instance of ignorance / bigotry by one of our white kids towards an Asian (Indian). Just a stupid comment from a 10 yo about a kid's hair. The kid from India proceeded to beat the white kid in about 20 moves. Have to admit, i enjoyed watching the beating.

But to be honest I haven't seen or heard anything like what I'm hearing on the news, and until covid we were coaching 5 evenings a week, running our own tournaments and summer camps. After covid we've scaled back to 4 evenings per week. Conversations with parents we're friends with haven't revealed anything in this regard

• Agree Agree x 1
  29. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

Let's be very clear about the facts as I see them:

1) China deserves total condemnation by the entire world; DAILY.
    2) Liberals like to say you don't have to love the President to love our country. It's the same about China. To attack their government as the predominant world threat to freedom is not racist. It is standing up to despotism that is truly institutionalized.

As for the virus, I'm not going to say I know for a fact it began in Wuhan. But what are the known facts about this? If it is true, then AGAIN, China deserves to be called out for letting it happen and for trying to cover it up. Pulling punches about this is a joke to me.

Modern day Liberals appear to be completely incapable of seeing beyond race. They are pathologically consumed by it and ANYTHING that smells like a cultural attack REGARDLESS of the underlying truth (and exempting any and all attacks coming from the founders and flag wavers of the white privilege campaign) will be slaughtered by the Liberal leadership and the Liberal blogosphere.

So... did Trump cause this? We all know that extremists due react to public pronouncement by "important" people. But the egging on of the street is done by Liberal leadership, so KNOCK IT OFF about Trump.

If this evil monster murdered these poor souls then I say give him the electric chair. That is what should happen.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2021
  30. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

"literally hundreds of articles" means there is an echo chamber...they are not offering anything new.

And guess what...stats never seem to be shown yet if I have something that there was, by example, three of last year and this year there are four somethings...that can be parsed as a SIGNIFICANT increase, up by a third. Meanwhile, someone who actually looked at the data would see that there was ONE more (NOT significant).