Matt Schaub.......

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by 4th_floor, Dec 21, 2008.

1. 4th_floor

4th_floor Dude, where's my laptop?

2. toucan82

toucan82 1,000+ Posts

oooohhhhh

buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurn

3. Mr. Longhorn

Mr. Longhorn 250+ Posts

Today yes. He looked like **** out there today. Under throwing, over throwing, behind the receivers, not moving up in the pocket...you name it he did it.

Gary Kubiak added another reason to the list why he sucks balls. 3rd and inches inside the 10 and he passes twice ??!! You have Steve Freaking Slaton and dont give him the ball? the Raider D is piss poor, but we laid another egg on the road....again. That aggy cannot motivate his team to play on the road for ****. They were blanketing Andre all game, yet no adjustments made.

Thank God for DVR so I can skip through most of the crap and not waste my time.

[​IMG]

4. GatorHorn

GatorHorn 250+ Posts

The Texans' red zone execution/philosophy is a trainwreck. Their second to last in red zone touchdown percentage and third from the bottom in scoring percentage in the red zone (touchdowns and field goals).

Simply put, this team leaves almost as many points on the field as it actually scores.

As for Schaub, he looked like David Carr a lot on Sunday, throwing check down passes to guys out of the backfield a second after he drops back. He was scared to death, it seems, to get it down field for a good chunk of the game.

5. coolhorn

coolhorn 2,500+ Posts

Wonder what Houston might have to offer the Titans for their backup quarterback?

6. VacantlyOccupied

VacantlyOccupied 500+ Posts

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and speculate that Houston doesn't have any interest in the Titans backup QB.

7. HI_McDunnough

HI_McDunnough 500+ Posts

Houston has a team?

8. Mr. Longhorn

Mr. Longhorn 250+ Posts

9. TEASIP84

TEASIP84 500+ Posts

agreed....Kubiak sux, How many losing/non-winning seasons will it take to get this loser fired?

10. Nano

Nano < 25 Posts

a coach can only do so much when his players insist on turning over the football.

11. Chalupa72

Chalupa72 250+ Posts

12. coolhorn

coolhorn 2,500+ Posts

A good coach instills the fear of God in his players concerning turning over the ball. (How many times did you see Dallas turn over the ball when Jimmy Johnson coached 'em?) Kubiak falls way short. As for not wanting the Titans' backup quarterback (Vince, I think his name is...), that would be the second time they've made that mistake. Schaub is nothing better than a career backup. Actually, that sums up all but just a few players on that sorry excuse for a team...about what you'd expect with kubi-aggy for a coach. It sure will be nice when Texas gets a real pro football team.

13. VacantlyOccupied

VacantlyOccupied 500+ Posts

14. coolhorn

coolhorn 2,500+ Posts

Even a blind hog finds an acorn every once in a while.

15. Third Coast

Third Coast 10,000+ Posts

People scoff, but I'm telling you, the Texans would be wise to get Graham Harrell in the draft. He could be a third round steal.

The Cowboys are already planning on taking Colt the following year, so this would be perfect - well, short of the Texans getting Stephen McGee that is.

16. Mr. Longhorn

Mr. Longhorn 250+ Posts

Looking at the offensive stats, the Texans had 32 turnovers on offense. The QBs had 28 of those turnovers. They absolutely can't and won't win if they do this **** again next year. They are loaded with talent on the offensive side of the ball, but the QB play has killed this team this year. They need someone who is smart and tough and can take a few hits. I know INTs and mistakes are going to happen, but Schaub looked WAAAY too much like Carr Sunday and took a few steps back from his game in Green Bay.

17. Bob in Houston

Bob in Houston 2,500+ Posts

18. stanhin

stanhin 5,000+ Posts

19. bobtheking

bobtheking 100+ Posts

20. Chalupa72

Chalupa72 250+ Posts

21. AustinBadger

AustinBadger 250+ Posts

22. mackfan1

mackfan1 1,000+ Posts

Schaub actually has pretty respectable overall statistics for the season, but that's misleading. Like Alex Rodriguez, Schaub fluffs up his numbers against the league's also-rans, but when it's a big-time game against a playoff contender, he crawls into a hole.

I agree Schaub is no better than a decent backup QB, and the Texans would do well to try & find a Matt Ryan or Kevin Kolb in next year's draft.

23. RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa 500+ Posts

24. BRay2244

BRay2244 500+ Posts

25. DJDJAJGJ

DJDJAJGJ 250+ Posts

Schaub has done a nice job overall. Were it not for a fluke stomach virus and a dirty hit to the knee by Jared Allen, Texans could've made the playoffs.

When it comes to the Texans, logic is pretty much optional on Hornfans.

26. BRay2244

BRay2244 500+ Posts

27. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

28. bobtheking

bobtheking 100+ Posts

29. ProdigyDub

ProdigyDub 500+ Posts

30. GiantHorns

GiantHorns 250+ Posts