May those refs burn in hell

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by BananaChipBettor, Sep 27, 2015.

1. BananaChipBettor

BananaChipBettor 100+ Posts

I've been to so many games I've lost count, but I've never been to anything like this. I have never seen us openly get ******. I've never walked down at half and heard people hate the refs. We were talking about the screw ups and there were so many, I was lost. We booed them the f**k out of here and that's all we have. Booo and f**k you, ref.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Vol Horn 4 Life

Vol Horn 4 Life Good Bye To All The Rest!

Wow. Terrible calls preceded by coaching of the worst kind.

Start getting our own house in order before blaming refs.

• Like Like x 1
  3. old65horn

old65horn 1,000+ Posts

what are you trying to say?

4. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

Only one other time have I seen it this bad - Teaff's last game.

• Like Like x 1
  5. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

I am not going to "try" to say anything, but I shall state the same set of facts I've been stating for several years now:

Walt Anderson, dentist from Sugar Land, was hired by Donnie Duncan (the simple mention of his name should get me banned from this board) as head of Big XII officials. Anderson graduated from Sam Houston State and is an NFL referee. FWIW, I had a serious discussion about Duncan, his character, actions, history, and in general what a worthless piece of **** he is, with Deloss when he allowed him into that position. At the conclusion I told Deloss that he will embarrass you and the conference before he's fired. Investigate Duncan's departure as OU AD and as Director of Football Operation for Big XII.

Under Anderson, the Big XII shares officials with the BigSky and MWC. NO OTHER POWER 5 CONFERENCE DOES THIS! Thus we get stuck with the likes of Dan Romero (dentist from Cali-prunia); Greg "WallEye" Burks (BigSky reject); Scott Novak (dentist from Colorado Springs, whose first major game was 09 Texas/OU); and Alan Erk (from Atlanta, an executive with a firm that finances medical & dental equipment). Throw in Pennsylvania reject Reggie Smith from Philadelphia, who wasn't allowed to officiate import HS games in Pennsylvania, and was given to us by the BigSky. Are you starting to see a pattern emerge?

The only reliable referee we have is Mike Defee (electrician from Nederland), and Anderson saddles him with a less than stellar crew. Make sure that you understand that Defee is not an Anderson selection. Mike was like a son to Beau Hicks, longtime SWC official and HS official from Beaumont, who passed away recently. Hicks forced Anderson to make Mike a referee. How good is he? Either last year or the year before, we had a nationally televised game featuring one of the West Coast rejects. Why? Because Walt Anderson politicked to get Mike Defee assigned to the Sam Houston State playoff game that same day. Where did Anderson go to college?

Of the Power 5, it is universally accepted that the ACC has by far and away the worst football officials. I shall submit for your consideration my thought that Walt Anderson has made great strides to have the Big XII move into contention for that honor. I am hoping that Castiglione makes a move soon to find a Commissioner with the balls to make some decisions and some changes; otherwise, the decline will continue.

6. TxnByBirth

TxnByBirth 1,000+ Posts

The game against aggy after the bonfire tragedy was pretty bad too.

7. shaggy refuge

shaggy refuge 500+ Posts

Get over it! We've always played 18(now 19) and had success. This ref **** sounds aggy.

8. Brad Austin

Brad Austin 2,500+ Posts

No, the Aggies are too busy winning now to claim cheating refs. We are busy blowing game management, and yes we did get f*cked by the refs too. I'm not over either one of those factors costing us this game...tough sh*t.

9. caryhorn

caryhorn 5,000+ Posts

Sorry shaggy, but there is nothing aggie about calling it like it is. And the phantom calls came in a targeted, calculated manner that effected a Texas loss. There was simply no way that Texas/Strong was going to win the game. 17 points directly--again--directly influenced by the calls.

Only questions that needs answering are why and who.

• Like Like x 1
  10. shaggy refuge

shaggy refuge 500+ Posts

How 'bout the 14 gift points from OSU. You get that, you win!

11. Horngal12

Horngal12 100+ Posts

Wins and losses are always on the players and coaches (one exception was CU beating Mizzou on 5th down). We made mistakes that cost us the game. Good, bad, and indifferent calls/officiating is part of the game and needs to be managed by players/coaches. I have seen many a team get totally jobbed by refs and still winning the game.