Maybe Jim Harbaugh is available

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by Texex81, Dec 16, 2013.

1. Texex81

Texex81 500+ Posts

2. jayakris

jayakris 2,500+ Posts

A link that works -The Link

But I think it is old story, from 3 days back. I think Harbaugh has denied it after that as well. "Are you joking? The only job I want to do is the job I have now" - or something to that effect to the reporters. I think it was after this report.

I think even if we manage to pull him in, he won't stay for too long and go back to NFL sometime. Not sure I want a coach like that.

3. Third Coast

Third Coast 10,000+ Posts

Couldn't get your link to work. Not sure why.

try this

As far as Harbaugh goes, I love him as a coach, but I honestly don't think he would consider leaving the 49ers. At least not before matching his brother and winning a Super Bowl.

I also have concerns about his nomadic nature. I don't believe he has stayed in one place more than four years. This may be a petty concern, but I can't find much else wrong with him. [​IMG]

4. Texas Taps

Texas Taps 5,000+ Posts

5. jmtamu

jmtamu 250+ Posts

The Harbaugh guys seem like NFL guys. Even if unhappy in SF, he could have another NFL job in a heartbeat.

6. jayakris

jayakris 2,500+ Posts

7. Brad Austin

Brad Austin 2,500+ Posts

I doubt he leaves SF either. But yeah if he did he'd have a ton of NFL teams beating down his door. I wouldn't worry about him taking the UT job and then bolting quick. That guy would have us in the thick of it again NEXT YEAR. Can't see him leaving within 3 years at least. So he left after 3 years of national contending football? At that point we would have a power program again and there would be a larger pool of solid available coaches then there are now. This is a real bad year to pick from available college coaches.

Would you rather Harbaugh who we know would give us 3 years of damn good football or the Vandy coach and he wants to stay forever but only makes us a fringe contender? Give me 3 years of Harbaugh and I'm perfectly good, that's one hell of a football coach and a tough competitor. He's an awesome QB coach as well. He'd have our relaxed culture in the program whipped into shape in no time and reclaim our toughness and swagger. I'll take it in a second.

8. giveemhell

giveemhell 1,000+ Posts

It’s hard not to want Harbaugh badly after reading Scipio’s piece, even if it might last only 4 or 5 years. That would be a fun as **** 4 or 5 years…

9. Major Orange

Major Orange 25+ Posts

He is one bad m f'er! He's my top pick and has been all along.

10. Dionysus

Dionysus Idoit Admin

I like his attitude, but it could be seen as too combative or confrontational for those concerned more with polite appearances than crushing the f**k out of our opponents.

11. borninaustin

borninaustin 100+ Posts

Can you imagine the sniping that would go on between Harbaugh and Stoops? It would kick the rivalry up a notch (if that's possible).

12. 1leggedduck

1leggedduck 1,000+ Posts

Stoops would appreciate his edge. I think there would be mutual respect. Briles? He'd get his *** kicked out on the 50 after giving up a 2 point conversion with less than a minute on the clock, and being stupid enough to make something of it.

13. Third Coast

Third Coast 10,000+ Posts

The more I hear the soft denials by Harbaugh, the more I think this could be a real possibility.

14. Uninformed

Uninformed 5,000+ Posts

Jim to Texas and John to Houston or Dallas and JJ to Arkansas would be good for the state.

15. hornyhoosier

hornyhoosier 500+ Posts

Harbaugh would be so freaking awesome. He would totally change the "soft" attitude that we've had around here for too long.

It sounds too good to be possible and the idea of leaving the 49ers seems like a huge stretch.

16. giveemhell

giveemhell 1,000+ Posts

17. Hu_Fan

Hu_Fan Guest

On unnamed sources....

18. Jim Bob

Jim Bob 1,000+ Posts

It would be a pleasure to see somebody get an *** chewing on the sideline after fielding a punt inside the 5 or taking a play off. I don't like coaches who seem perpetually angry, but I love the idea of a guy who the players don't want to displease.