Mayfield debut

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by Denmark, Sep 20, 2018.

1. Denmark

Denmark 500+ Posts

Browns will win.

• Like Like x 1
  2. #2is#1

#2is#1 1,000+ Posts

Will win what? A game this year, within the next two years? You need to be more specific.

3. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

Oh the fun someone in the truck could have had when they were discussing his 4.8 speed and not being as mobile...was the perfect opportunity to show the PI footage where the Arkansas police took him down.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Denmark

Denmark 500+ Posts

Haha tonight :p

• Like Like x 1
  5. #2is#1

#2is#1 1,000+ Posts

“He’s 4.8, but officer Jenkins is 4.7”

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. #2is#1

#2is#1 1,000+ Posts

I hear you! If not tonight when... I’m no expert on NFL, but man this is bad football. Just hope we make less mistakes than the other team. Hopefully we get some calls from the ref and get in field goal range.
    Any God fearing Longhorn fan can’t like the Browns, with Mayfield, and Garrett as their top draft picks.
    Is it Saturday yet?

7. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

His height or his speed?

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. stanhin

stanhin 5,000+ Posts

I guess I must be a heathen, then, because Mayfield looks pretty damn good to me tonight.

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2018
  9. Denmark

Denmark 500+ Posts

Cowboys fan here, and thought Mayfield was a prick at ou, but he's a winner, and after those first two passes, I just felt he would do it.

10. Austin_Bill

Austin_Bill 2,500+ Posts

Browns are the dumbest franchise in the NFL, they could screw up a peanut butter sandwich if you spotted them the bread and jelly.

Mayfield, might be a good QB, he might be a great QB, you cannot tell right this moment because defenses haven't seen film on him yet. However they had the 1st and 4th pick in the draft, they could have had both Mayfield and Sequon Barkley, but they screwed it up. If they had taken Barkley 1st they still could have taken Mayfield with the 4th pick, he wasn't going to be taken before the 4th pick unless someone traded up and no one was going to do that in this draft, it was too deep with QBs.

I still maintain the kid from Wyoming was the best QB in this draft and I would have taken him over Mayfield. I guess time will tell if they were right or I was :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. moondog_LFZ

moondog_LFZ 5,000+ Posts

There's something about Mayfield.
    There's nothing behind his eyes.
    I feel like they will dig up a body in his basement one day.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Clean

Clean 5,000+ Posts

He's no Tyrod Taylor when it comes to running ability, but you see where that got Tyrod. He has a great arm. He threw one of the best passes I've ever seen against us last season, 60 yards on a frozen rope.

13. RainH2burntO

RainH2burntO 2,500+ Posts

Who cares what he does on a football field....still a loser.

14. caryhorn

caryhorn 5,000+ Posts

Well, this is a football, "on the field" thread. So i sorta care what he does on a football field. I may not be the only one. And he seems pretty good at winning football games.
    A lot of good football players are pieces of sh--. Big Ben for the steelers, for example. And lots of others could be identified that are violent, abusers, etc. Being cocky and getting drunk in college is not as bad as some.

15. dukesteer

dukesteer 5,000+ Posts

This is an amazing observation. I couldn’t have said it better.
    I knew a guy with a personality like his in high school. Became a lawyer in Houston. One day he disappeared...

16. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

He also had Desmond Harrison blocking for him

17. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

That game reminded me of our Kansas game in 2012. Case helped turned that game around, but also left us thinking "Why did we not run that same offense all game when Ash was playing?"

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. RainH2burntO

RainH2burntO 2,500+ Posts

I get where you're coming from, Cary.
    And your post is probably more fitting for a football forum than mine.
    I'm just sayin'...I got no love for the guy. "Cockiness" is letting him off way too easy. Wish him no ill will...but he has earned 0 respect outside the context of football....where it matters most.
    But this is a football forum...So I concede.

• Like Like x 1