Mayweather VS Hatton

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Mike_Tyson, Dec 3, 2007.

1. Burnt Orange™

Burnt Orange™ 25+ Posts

ESPN's round by round:

Link

2. Mr.Wizard

Mr.Wizard 1,000+ Posts

Hatton cut above right eye. Mayweather may have Round 3.

Mayweather seems to be sticking then holding.

Hatton has more bounce.

3. Mr.Wizard

Mr.Wizard 1,000+ Posts

Hatton is bleeding in Round 4, Mayweather opened him up with some solid shots.

4. Burnt Orange™

Burnt Orange™ 25+ Posts

Sports Illustrated's round by round:
    The Link

5. Mr.Wizard

Mr.Wizard 1,000+ Posts

Round 5 Hatton.

6. Mr.Wizard

Mr.Wizard 1,000+ Posts

Hatton loses point.

7. Mr.Wizard

Mr.Wizard 1,000+ Posts

Mayweather just lit Hatton up. Snapped the neck.

8. Mr.Wizard

Mr.Wizard 1,000+ Posts

Hatton is getting his *** kicked.

9. Burnt Orange™

Burnt Orange™ 25+ Posts

Well my prediction was wrong with the KO in the 7th.

10. Mr.Wizard

Mr.Wizard 1,000+ Posts

Hatton solidly on his ***.

11. Mr.Wizard

Mr.Wizard 1,000+ Posts

They threw in the towel, 2nd knock down, Hatton did not have a prayer.

12. Mr.Wizard

Mr.Wizard 1,000+ Posts

That was not even close.

13. Burnt Orange™

Burnt Orange™ 25+ Posts

KO in the 10th. The Brittish gave it his all but it was not good enough.

14. eflow24

eflow24 1,000+ Posts

Three of us got together to watch it and I predicted it perfectly. I knew Mayweather would size him up for the first 5 or 6 rounds and then destroy him in the last few. The last two or three rounds were a clinic. That was one of the coolest knock downs in awhile. I thought Hatton was going to break his neck.

The compu-stats numbers were UNREAL. Floyd was landing close to 50% of his power punches and 70% of his jabs.

Once again, Floyd shows he is the best fighter in the world. He adapts to his opponent and doesn't get hit. My brother said it best "Floyd is headed to the blackjack tables to say hit me, because Hatton didn't me all night".

Unlike most, I like Floyd, he plays whatever role he is suppose to before the fight, but he plays the same role in it.

Same as the De La Hoya fight, the last 5 rounds or so Floyd dominates.

15. Mike_Tyson

Mike_Tyson 500+ Posts

16. Mr.Wizard

Mr.Wizard 1,000+ Posts

Lampley compared the arena to UT playing A&M in College Station.

All loud and such.

17. Mr.Wizard

Mr.Wizard 1,000+ Posts

For Mayweather to be 30 years old and be that fast, he could have a better run that Roy Jones Jr.

18. hothead25

hothead25 100+ Posts

This was a classic case of Hatton hurting Floyd's fists with his face.

19. Mike_Tyson

Mike_Tyson 500+ Posts

It was nice to see Jeff Lacy back in the ring. You could definitely see the ring rust and he looks a lot bigger now. I hope that left shoulder can hold up and he can get back to the top.

20. eflow24

eflow24 1,000+ Posts

Tyson, I agree. I am a HUGE Jones fan too, but it sucked to see him in that last fight with Tarver. I was so mad that night.

I have to agree that PBF is the best in the world, but it would be awesome to see him and Hopkins fight. Obviously, that could never happen but both of them are so skilled it would be a great one.

21. Mike_Tyson

Mike_Tyson 500+ Posts

22. eflow24

eflow24 1,000+ Posts

Your asking a lot of PBF to go up there. We all know he isn't the biggest of punchers and that weight is a bit of a stretch for him. He is definitely quick enough to beat any of them, but I don't think he could knock them out.

Honestly, as much as I like to see PBF work, he should ride off into the sunset and call it a career. There is no way I would even get in the ring for less than $25 mil if I were him.

23. Mike_Tyson

Mike_Tyson 500+ Posts

Remember Ruiz-Jones? Jones outpointed him on every card. I could see Floyd doing the same at a higher weight class. Floyd fought De La Hoya at 154, I think. Pavlik could possibly make Super Welterweight but he already pretty thin at Middleweight. I don't know, though. What I do know is that a Paul Williams or Miguel Cotto fight would not enough money for Floyd. The Latin fans are not to Cotto as the UK fans are to Hatton. Paul Williams is still very much unknown even by boxing standards.

24. eflow24

eflow24 1,000+ Posts

That is kinda my point though. Even though PBF dominated Oscar, there was never a point in the fight that I thought PBF could knock him out. I think they could have fought 100 rounds and PBF would have just kept whipping him without ever knocking him out.

That is not to take anything away from PBF because he is an awesome fighter. He just wasn't given the size to go up. He could go up and win, I really believe that because no one can really hit him, but I don't really need to see that, you know.

You are 100% right about Cotto and Williams. there is no way they bring the $20 mil that PBF would want to get in the ring. To be perfectly honest, PBF would beat Cotto easily on the cards so I would have to think about the fight. I would probably buy it, but there is no way it is a big draw.

PBF has earned the right to fight who he wants. No one is really that close to him.

25. BigOrange

BigOrange 100+ Posts

mayweather beat that *** tonight!! hatton did exactly what i said hed do, hit and hold. what a ***** fighter. i love that mayweather not only beat him, but knocked his sorry *** out.

who do the haters have next? mayweahter has beaten de la hoya and knocked hatton the f**k out.. whos next? cotto? moseley?

doesnt matter. mayweathers on another level.

26. Sii

Sii 1,000+ Posts

I dont think most people would claim Mayweather isnt a great fighter

its just he's a total piece of **** otherwise and hard to give a f**k about

27. scottsins

scottsins 1,000+ Posts

why is mayweather such a piece of ****?

Because he talks trash? I can think of one really good arrogant fighter who was similar in that way.

28. blh111

blh111 < 25 Posts

sii,

hatton is the piece of **** fighter. Mayweather sales the fight and gives much love and respect after the fight. He's a good sport after the fight, and he gave hatton much respect after the fight, and even talked hatton up. hatton was a ***** after the fight. He is the piece of ****.

29. unpaintedhuffhines

unpaintedhuffhines 1,000+ Posts

I also don't buy that Mayweather is a POS

Sure, he's arrogant and annoying pre-fight. He is EXACTLY what boxing needs, however. A showman who plays his part, then backs it up in the ring.

Have you seen him with his kids? He's hardly a POS. He's simply playing a part and is classy and gracious after he wins.

Hatton, on the other hand, showed his true colors (as did his hooligan fans) after the fight and says "well, he just got a couple shots in the end". NO, he beat your *** after you couldn't land any punches. Chump.

30. BigOrange

BigOrange 100+ Posts

also i wanted to make sure and comment on how big of a joke hbo's scorecard was. just because hatton was going forward and being agressive didn't mean he was doing anything. he landed maybe 2 legit punches the whole fight.

out of the three official judges, 2 had mayweather winning every round at the time of the stopage and the other found one round to give to hatton. that is a lot more indicative of what was going on than the garbage hbo kept flashing on the screen.