MBB: Angelo State Highlights

Discussion in 'Men’s Basketball' started by Dionysus, Nov 3, 2016.

1. Dionysus

Dionysus Idoit Admin

• Like Like x 2
  2. caryhorn

caryhorn 5,000+ Posts

Didn't see the game, but the highlights were sure fun to watch. Looks like we have some folks who can find the net. This could be a fun, exciting season. Players will only get better as the season progresses, imho.

3. ProdigalHorn

ProdigalHorn 10,000+ Posts

It was so hard to judge because they really outclassed ASU inside by a huge margin. I thought that Allen showed a lot of upside but he's not as far along as I was expecting. He looked like he feasted on lesser bigs but I'm not sure he's ready to really be a force. Maybe by conference season, but there are definitely growing pains.

Jacob Young reminds me of Felix with athletic ability. Jones looks like a potential point guard and if he stays more than a year he's going to be fantastic. He may be fantastic this year. Really curious to see what this lineup looks like with Roach and Mack in there - that's a lot of people vying for minutes.

I'm still very concerned with Cleare against plus-level talent. He's more athletic, but it's still the same thing: catch the pass, head down, dribble, dribble, back in, back in, toss the hook. A good defense will turn him over all night.

I'm really excited about Banks because he's going to be here for a couple of years, and he had a chance to be a game-changer inside on defense. I think he could be a really good college player (and more).

The shooting was awful early, but they heated up in the second half. If they shoot like they did down the stretch in this game, they could be really good.

4. Walking Boss

Walking Boss 2,500+ Posts

I saw most of the game. This team is really quick and fast and it showed in transition. Young and Jones have no fear when putting up shots. Young especially. The team also looked fairly long on the perimeter but that may have just been in comparison to Angelo State. Inside, we are going to have mucho trouble. I thought Jarrett looked far from a one and done, but you can see the athletic potential and it is early. A couple of times on the break he was a blur in filling the lanes. This team is athletic and should be able to score, but they are going to have plenty of growing pains and physical teams will probably give them trouble. It will be interesting if they play ND and how they do against an experienced Michigan team. Should be a fun ride. Oh and the FT shooting was atrocious again. It will cost a couple of games if it is like this game.

5. SAMMCHornfan

SAMMCHornfan 250+ Posts

95 points without arguably two of your best players...not too shabby.