McCombs likes Del Conte hire, disappointed in Herman's debut

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by moondog_LFZ, Dec 12, 2017.

1. moondog_LFZ

moondog_LFZ 5,000+ Posts

2. Htown77

Htown77 5,000+ Posts

The Tech loss was a real killer of momentum this year. Hopefully we can still pull out a Texas Bowl win to having a winning season and try and get the momentum started again.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Clean

Clean 5,000+ Posts

Red hasn't been wrong yet. I totally agree.

• Like Like x 1
  4. LongChuckles

LongChuckles 25+ Posts

I agree 100%, the Tech loss took away any and all joy left in the season. A bowl win will keep the season from being a complete loss but that is about it. 6-7 and this is an utter failure of a season.

• Like Like x 1
  5. rick mueller

rick mueller Burnt Orange Bleeder

Sure sounds like Red expects TH to do a little more winning and little less aligning and swinging hammers.

6. caryhorn

caryhorn 5,000+ Posts

On the other hand, our team was ranked # 1 in the nation on Jumping up and down on the sidelines during kickoffs. Congrats to the sideline jumping coordinator.

• Like Like x 5
  7. Badass

Badass 2,500+ Posts

Red needs to be patient and shut up. Let the process work. It takes time

8. rick mueller

rick mueller Burnt Orange Bleeder

Yes he probably should be patient, but one thing about very wealthy folks, they seldom are. Also, very few people will tell them they need to shut up. Just saying.

• Like Like x 1
  9. AC

AC 2,500+ Posts

That is very true. I am one of those that will, but I don't work with Red McCombs so I won't tell him.

• Like Like x 3
  10. El Sapo

El Sapo Bevo's BFF

This is to let Red McCombs know I had a roast beef and havarti for lunch today. Those HEB colas with the real cane sugar ain't bad :hookem:

11. Badass

Badass 2,500+ Posts

Maybe they should ... some people think that is the problem.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Hoop

Hoop 500+ Posts

Hopefully we posters aren't held to the same standard, because I am super impatient and apparently more verbose. :)

It's not like Red tweeted it or posted it on Hornfans. He was asked something and gave an answer. Wealthy or no, all 31 words that were attributed to him were in-bounds. In the article the author quoted 31 words and then posted 49 quoted words (from someone else) from Twitter. Essentially he tweeted more quotes than what he put in his article. :whiteflag:

For the record, in the above post, I have given Hornfans 82 words of 'original' content. We all know that Tom has to do better.

• Like Like x 3
  13. Godz40acres

Godz40acres Happy Feller

Red Potter....

[​IMG]

14. Detective Shilala

Detective Shilala 2,500+ Posts

Ouch, wonder if if Red will drive his ample *** in his golf cart to the 50 yd line during the coin flip on opening day next season, to force Herman to give him the ***-kiss of death.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Badass

Badass 2,500+ Posts

You are good Hoop. Good points. I was too impatient to read the article and just lashed out at Red. I will take my two minute time out now and work on my own patience. :hookem2:

• Like Like x 1
  16. uisge beatha

uisge beatha 1,000+ Posts

I'm not sure how patient I would be if I was 90 yrs old

• Like Like x 5
  17. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

Tech wasn't Kansas but in some ways it was. Just an inexcusable loss. All the momentum of a bowl game and a good recruiting story was blown. Losing to a favorite son coach who was on the verge of getting fired is a head-scratcher.

• Like Like x 1
  18. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

Texas losing to sand aggy and Maryland is like Cougar High losing to SMU and Navy. A concerning trend.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

What?

• Like Like x 1
  20. MudHorn

MudHorn Admin Moderator

Except we didn't get the big wins to offset the crappy losses.

• Like Like x 2
  21. Hoop

Hoop 500+ Posts

To be sure, I wasn't aiming any of my post at you or anyone else here. I'm frustrated with the progress (or lack thereof) and I'm also frustrated with how lazy the media has become.

I'm also generally impatient (with everything).

• Like Like x 2
  22. Hoop

Hoop 500+ Posts

Haha. This is so good coming from someone with Darth Vader in their profile pic.

"You have failed me for the last time!" ****-kiss of death*

23. caryhorn

caryhorn 5,000+ Posts

Nice ^^^

24. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

The FSU and Oklahoma victories were huge for Herman's rep. The other losses were just as eye-opening in some ways though I have Houston alum friend who thinks the Cougars had a huge let down when they weren't voted into the Big 12. I believe that was the week of the SMU loss.