McCoy

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by LonghornDave, Jan 24, 2019.

1. LonghornDave

LonghornDave 1,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 2
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2019
  2. I_Dont_Exist

I_Dont_Exist 1,000+ Posts

Yes. And he should have to sit a year like Fields and Martell.

3. bigbull24

bigbull24 < 25 Posts

4. easy

easy 2,500+ Posts

He is trying to get a waiver due to the whole kingsbury debacle, it may be possible

• Like Like x 1
  5. LonghornDave

LonghornDave 1,000+ Posts

This is CRAZY. FWIW if he comes to Texas we could be a #2 class w a guaranteed red shirt and it won't register on 247 sports. Kinda crazy.

6. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

I totally disagree. Fields and McCoy are transferring because of competition, resulting in them likely being second team. Throw in their helicopter fathers, and it's the difference in apples & carburetors.

Granted you can make a helluva an argument that they were lied to by the coaches, and I would support that argument, particularly the Urban Myth part. Did Aggie transfers get any leniency because Sumlin lied to every QB?

I also think a major case for misrepresentation bordering on fraud has been perpetrated by Swann and USC, making the NCAA a co-defendant. USC doesn't want that; the NCAA doesn't want that; Swann can't afford that if he wants or needs a job other than sacking groceries at Ralph's.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

I guess the fraud part would be if Swann knew KK was on his way out and lied to McCoy? Not sure that's easily proven. The NCAA has their hands full with the hardship judgment call on these players (not that I have any sympathy for the NCAA). It's hard to know how to define the clear line in the sand. One line could be coaches leaving right after signing day; not two years later, but right after it happens. The circumstantial evidence of lying to the player in that instance is overwhelming; or at least it can be argued that a breach occurred (some sort of detrimental reliance or however it's termed).

EDIT: OR... you can say that every recruit commits to the university and not the coaches and that is the unwavering line in the sand. Big boys know that coaches are fired and/or quit every year. There are no absolutes. So then what would be an example of allowing a transfer without losing a year? Well, what if a player from Austin went to USC and his father passed away and the family needed him back in Austin for support? In that instance I would say it's a clear hardship and he should be allowed to transfer to UT without punishment if he so desires.

• Like Like x 1
  8. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

The interesting thing is that a coach that needs to be fired still can win over recruits so in theory him getting fired is good for the program and by extension the recruit who purportedly wants to win some ball games. But it goes to show the personal connection (the me factor) is more important on some level.

9. #2is#1

#2is#1 1,000+ Posts

I think it will be closer to a Devin Duvernay situation.

10. dukesteer

dukesteer 5,000+ Posts

Is Duvernay shopping?

11. Dionysus

Dionysus Idoit Admin

I think that is a reference to his original commitment to Baylor before coming here, with Briles leaving. Duvernay is still solid here as far as I know.

If I remember correctly there was another factor that Duvernay’s LOI had not actually been officially “submitted” or something, so it appeared that he did not even have an obligation to BU due to an administrative screwup.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. rick mueller

rick mueller Burnt Orange Bleeder

I think this was a reference to his being released from Sexual Assault U and not having to sit out a year.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Driver 8

Driver 8 Amor Fati

Bruxit

Drinking the Bru-laid

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  14. longhorn47

longhorn47 500+ Posts

Actually, it was Donovan Duvernay, Patrick Hudson and JP Urquidez who has to obtain their LOI release. Dev's LOI was never filed.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. rick mueller

rick mueller Burnt Orange Bleeder

You are correct, I remember that now.

16. Matagorda

Matagorda 25+ Posts

Id like to see this happen, I just wish he was the five star offensive tackle prospect. Seems like we have a plethora at the ATH position.

• Like Like x 1
  17. WorsterMan

WorsterMan SEC here we come!!

^^^^ Yes, we need 4 & 5 star OL's to go with all this skill position talent.

18. dukesteer

dukesteer 5,000+ Posts

We’ll get the elusive Shepard for that...

19. George Bailey

George Bailey No beans in my chili, thank you

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  20. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 2
  21. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

22. Crockett

Crockett 5,000+ Posts

Kevin Kubicheski is tanned rested and ready to help out if need be, but it looks like real Aggies have rationalization powers far beyond his humble abilities to add or detract.

23. HoffHorn

HoffHorn 500+ Posts

• Like Like x 3
  24. kobs1776

kobs1776 100+ Posts

• Like Like x 2
  25. Dionysus

Dionysus Idoit Admin

Oh yeah

• Like Like x 4
  26. ProdigalHorn

ProdigalHorn 10,000+ Posts

Ex-USC signee, five-star ATH McCoy set to enroll at Texas

Second source confirms.

• Like Like x 3
  27. Detective Shilala

Detective Shilala 2,500+ Posts

28. X Misn Tx

X Misn Tx 2,500+ Posts

i think reading things through your avatar always makes it funnier

• Like Like x 1
  29. dukesteer

dukesteer 5,000+ Posts

Brudacious

• Like Like x 1
  30. Run Pincher

Run Pincher 2,500+ Posts

So which one of our WR recruits enters the portal due to the McCoy signing?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • poop poop x 1