McNamee Lawyer: Bush Likely to Pardon Clemens

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by PanzerDSS, Feb 14, 2008.

1. PanzerDSS

PanzerDSS 100+ Posts

Link

This might make up for the last 7 years.

2. Mr.Wizard

Mr.Wizard 1,000+ Posts

He better pardon Bonds as well then.

3. LonghornMM

LonghornMM 100+ Posts

Clemens needs to suffer the consequenses of lying under oath. This will be a poor example from President Bush if he pardons a lieing sack of crap like Clemens.

4. Tyler Durden

Tyler Durden 500+ Posts

By accepting a pardon you are admitting guilt. There's some Supreme Court case saying this from 50+ years ago.

5. eflow24

eflow24 1,000+ Posts

That is just another stupid statement by this idiot, attention seeking attorney. First of all, Roger isn't going to jail, especially since the case against him is basically built on people believing pieces of info they want. There is not an attorney in the world, including the justice department, that can put him in jail with the lack of evidence.

Secondly, this was an opportunity to take a stab at the Bush Administration and should be construed as nothing more. Maybe he can say something about a RANKING SENATOR apologizing to a freakin DRUG DEALER on national TV. Remember how they are suppose to be cleaning this up to help show kids it is bad for them. Well good ol' Mr Waxman showed GREAT example. [​IMG]

6. Tyler Durden

Tyler Durden 500+ Posts

7. eflow24

eflow24 1,000+ Posts

Tyler,
    I forgot to respond to your question about Bonds the other night. I never accused Bonds of steroid use, even though it appeared he could be using until the grand jury testimony came out. That is what I meant about "supporting Bonds". I will not accuse anyone of something illegal unless there is substantial evidence to prove it.

Pettitte does hurt his case, but didn't you think he would have been more convincing? I was hoping for an ongoing conversation not just a conversation. However, I will admit it is not a good thing that the conversation took place, pretty devastating really.