Meanwhile on Texags again

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by BurntOrangeOnly, Sep 9, 2011.

1. BurntOrangeOnly

BurntOrangeOnly 500+ Posts

An emotional op ed

I particularly like how by securing atm the SEC will officially ensure their future as the premier conference. Funny, I thought that was why aggy wanted to go in the first place....

PS: the link is a fairly long read.

2. watashi

watashi 250+ Posts

Thanks for summarizing the entire thread in one sentence. Yes, I'm sure before we know it aggy will be the cornerstone program of that conference.

3. TexasLawHorn

TexasLawHorn 100+ Posts

What gets me is how twisted the Aggies have this situation in their minds. They agree to be in the league last year when they could have left. In reliance of them staying the Big XII signs multiple contracts worth upwards of one billion dollars, all the while knowing that UT was going to start it's own network. They received a share of the penalty that Nebraska and Colorado paid while Texas did not. Flash forward one year. They decide they are tired of being second to Texas and that leaving for the SEC is going to make them somehow better than Texas. They use the excuse that they are not receiving their fair share and that Texas is playing dirty pool by starting a TV network. In the process they destroy the Big XII, costing the institutions that are Big XII members hundreds of millions and they are the victims because they don't want to face the consequences of their actions? Why do other schools have to pay for the Aggies poor choices? The other school have not even threatened litigation, they have just said that if they are damaged by the fact that A&M is breaking all kinds of contracts, they are not willing to give up the right to seek restitution for Aggie or the SEC. So ridiculous.

4. overseasbbfan1

overseasbbfan1 1,000+ Posts

That is a bizarre read, more of a rant than an article. Admittedly I don't know much about other sports site but surely the author isn't a sportswriter or journalist. He goes after both the Big12 and the SEC; seemingly everyone in the world, other than the Ags of course, is to blame for the current situation. And using words like 'parasites' and bottom-feeders', you might expect that kind of talk on a message board, but in an article? And one you presumably want others to read and take seriously? The whole bit about the Ags = greatness for the SEC, that's just really weird.

5. utstudboy

utstudboy 250+ Posts

aggies are so delusional

6. Horn89

Horn89 1,000+ Posts

7. TSIP4LIFE

TSIP4LIFE 250+ Posts

what KLH said. [​IMG]

8. Hookem123

Hookem123 1,000+ Posts

Texas has only one flagship university, and it ain't AGGY.

9. Hu_Fan

Hu_Fan Guest

I'm not brave enough to sign on to TexAgs anymore. [​IMG]