Meet up at the Sugar Bowl

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by EDT, Dec 21, 2018.

1. EDT

EDT 1,000+ Posts

I was wondering if any HornFans are planning to try and meet up before the game. It would be a lot of fun. I have never had the pleasure of meeting anyone here except to sell or buy tickets.

2. WorsterMan

WorsterMan SEC here we come!!

If I I was attending I would like to meet up with you and other HF. Hopefully others going will connect and meet up with you. Good luck.

Hook Em! :hookem:

Last edited: Dec 23, 2018
  3. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

How about New Year’s Eve at Pat O’Brians? Just joking.

That is where I watched our last Sugar Bowl.

4. Vol Horn 4 Life

Vol Horn 4 Life Good Bye To All The Rest!

I spent NYE with the football team on Bourbon Street during our last Sugar Bowl....well not with, but they were there at 1am while I was there. I know exactly why we got killed by Va Tech. I couldn't get out of bed until about an hour before kickoff. I have no idea how they played a football game.

5. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

Wish somebody would organize one and charter a bus to take us to & from the Dome.

6. EDT

EDT 1,000+ Posts

I took my son to that game we both were so excited to go and make a memory together. Well our Horn's certainly did not disappoint because they made a big Memory. And Vol Horn you are correct, they did not play a game that night. My son and I still talk about it to this day.

7. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

The reason we got beat by VT was the total arrogance of John Mackovic. His plan was perfect, infallible; he couldn't possibly be wrong. Therefore, he made NO adjustments.

I was sitting in front of the open TV broadcast both and had an open dialogue with the color commentator (Blackledge maybe), During a commercial in the second half, he asked me, "Does he ever make adjustments".

At the UVA game in Charlottesville, Rick Lantz gave me my tickets in his office at McCue Center with a message, "Fifty yard line behind the Texas bench so you can have a good view of the *** kicking coming your way'"

The he added, "Your coach never makes adjustments"