Men vs Women NCAA

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by BrntOrngStmpeDe, Mar 19, 2021.

1. BrntOrngStmpeDe

BrntOrngStmpeDe 1,000+ Posts

• Winner Winner x 1
  2. Monahorns

Monahorns 10,000+ Posts

One makes lots of money. One costs lots of money. It's based on human action.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Vol Horn 4 Life

Vol Horn 4 Life Good Bye To All The Rest!

There are videos all over the interwebs claiming discrimination. Almost all are using the same weight room video showing a huge weight room for men and one dumb bell rack for the women. The other is the difference between the men's and women's swag bags.

I suppose I could see the weight room issue, but the swag bag is being petty considering the sponsors fill those bags. Even with the weight room, I'm not sure what's being presented is factual. They also claim the women's tourney is not being promoted like the men's because when you google ncaa tournament the men's is the first to come up. No one wants to watch that crap anyway. Follow the gambling dollars and viewer ratings to see why things are not equally funded and promoted.

4. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

Poor poor pitiful me......but the weight thing was pretty bad.

5. BrntOrngStmpeDe

BrntOrngStmpeDe 1,000+ Posts

here it comes.....#NotNCAAProperty

Our rent-a-jocks are showing their stripes.

so here is the scene these days....
    --- jocks get into schools that they don't qualify for
    --- jocks get "Orange Privilege" from the time they are 16-17 yrs old
    --- jocks get free tuition, room and board, thousands and thousands in swag, paid travel, notoriety, banquets, special tutors to make up their academic deficiencies, etc
    --- If we don't find them good jobs when they finish school we are racist

it really is time that we make academics the priority again. the ATHLETE-students are out of hand.

and here is the irony, the right to sell your name/likeness will inherently come in very imbalanced ways. It will favor 3-4 players per team and the top 15-20 schools with larger fanbases will generate significantly more revenue for their players. As a result, the imbalance in sports will get even bigger. The recruiting decision will now incorporate "how much revenue will my likeness generate at UT vs ISU"...hint: it will be significantly higher at UT just by virtue of the fanbase size.

Defund college athletics.

and yes, i realize we have not seen an UT athlete spout this nonsense yet. but it is just a matter of time.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. AustinHorn24

AustinHorn24 250+ Posts

So if the Horn women went to the final four you wouldn't watch it?

Obviously the mens basketball is more entertaining and garners much larger audiences and revenues, but to say that nobody watches the women is hyperbole.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Vol Horn 4 Life

Vol Horn 4 Life Good Bye To All The Rest!

The ladies aren't talking about one or two games, the final four or championship games, they are talking about the entire tournament as a whole being discriminated against.

You know dang well when I say "nobody watches it" I don't actually mean nobody. Low interest in the game is not hyperbole, the one thing I know is if there is money to be made businesses will do anything they can to sell it. History has proven it is an almost unwatchable product and the interest is low. About the only people watching are hardcore fans of the program, family, other high school and college players then the occasional viewer.

Most of the elite 8, final 4 and championship games (the most watched games) drew on average a 0.5 to 1.2 rating which is from around 800,000 to 1.5 million viewers...out of a population of over 400 million. Men on the other hand averaged a 10.5 for every single game of the tournament which is about 10 times the viewership of just the most watched women's games.

So yeah, as a whole population, that's practically nobody. Kind of like the number of people who had covid listed on their death certificates. We're in the west mall so I can go there. :smokin:

• Agree Agree x 1