Men's Tennis - A Bright Future

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by 10SNE1?, Aug 6, 2009.

1. 10SNE1?

10SNE1? 500+ Posts

Men's tennis sure does have a bright future with all the blue chips interested in Texas. Hopefully they'll committ though. Got to be greedy!

The recruiting class of '09 is ranked #3!
    The recruiting class of '10 has at least 3 blue chips recruits interested.
    The recruiting class of '11 already has the #3 national ranked player basically commited to Texas. Check out his background in "The Thursday Edition" article atThe Link

Alex Domijan and Jack Sock Top Seeds for USTA Boys 18 and 16 National Championships in Kalamazoo (He's the one wearing the UT t-shirt)

2. Bill in Sinton

Bill in Sinton 5,000+ Posts

3. SchertzHorn

SchertzHorn 100+ Posts

There is no doubt that this team and program is one of the best in the country. The players that are returning recognize their opportunity and I can tell you are ready to make another run. They are a great group and adding this 09 class, particularly (in my opinion) Ben Chen will play by the time the spring NCAAs roll around. I think he will find a place in this team, singles or doubles and have chance to contribute to something great.
    Coach Center is one of the nicest and most up front people, and that has translated into his players coming to Austin and buying into the program. It doesn't hurt that Ricardo Rubio is the best asst in the country and loves being a part of this program.
    I am very excited about this year, but once you get into the 16s, anyone can win it on a given day. Very little separates these teams at that level and I hope that this year the horns can bring it all home. They have a great shot.

4. Stuck_At_Work

Stuck_At_Work 1,000+ Posts

Thanks for posting this. [​IMG]

5. longhorns06

longhorns06 100+ Posts

Women's Tennis should be good too.
    Some incoming Recruits:
    Aeriel Ellis
    Cierra Gaytan-Leach
    Elizabeth Begley
    If they can recruit another player for the 1/2 spot, they could have a great line-up.

The X-factor next year could be Olivier Sajous. When he came in, he was suppose to compete w/ Kellen and Ed for the #2 spot. If he can find his form that made him nationally ranked as a freshman and the new frosh Bulgarian is as good as advertised, they could be stacked 1-6.

Ben Chen will be great, especially when he can add more strength and weight. I think David Holiner will be the better player though. He is coming back from Back Injury that kept him out of action for months. Holiner did well at USTA Nat'l, despite some withdrawls.