Mexican Beach Trip on the cheap

Discussion in 'On The Road Again' started by rtchorn, Jan 22, 2007.

1. rtchorn

rtchorn 250+ Posts

I am looking to take a trip to Mexico with a couple of female friends. We're looking to stay away from Spring Breakers and kids, but we'd still like to go somewhere that has a decent bar scene.

I'm a rookie to booking vacation and I am a little dubious about booking anything online sight unseen. We're looking to spend $800-$1000 for 4 nights at an all-inclusive place. From what I've priced online, I don't think that is unreasonable. Does anybody have any general recommendations on where to go and how to go about booking a place?

2. Jellydonuts

Jellydonuts 250+ Posts

We have never stayed at an adult only resort in Playa (and now I am wondering why we haven't), but I have heard great things about the Secrets Excellence Riviera Maya. I don't know how much it costs.

3. SuzieV.

SuzieV. < 25 Posts

Go toThe Link They have great deals and I went with them last year to Playa and it was not sketchy at all.

4. PatrickBateman

PatrickBateman 25+ Posts

There are some beautiful beaches in Oaxaca. I wouldn't expect to run into many single American women... but that doesn't appear to be an issue. I would look into beaches around Huatulco (for all inclusive resorts), Puerto Escondido (laid back surf town with a huge beach break) or Zipolite/Mazunte (get-away-from-it-all beaches).
    PM me for info if you're interested.

5. Horny Ringman

Horny Ringman 250+ Posts

Also, when you look, search "riviera maya" hotels, not just "playa" hotels. I'm not a big all inclusive hotel fan, but there are some south of Playa on the way to Tulum that may be more reasonable and less crowded with Spring Breakers. You're not going to get too many kids or Spring Breakers anywhere in Playa. But you will have quite a few young europeans. Which is fine, just less clothes on, and more smoking. [​IMG]

6. TenaciousTgarden

TenaciousTgarden 250+ Posts

isla mujeres was awesome, but i wouldn't do all inclusive there- everything is pretty cheap in general.

7. vy til i die

vy til i die 100+ Posts

cozumel. 4 nights. all inclusive. $750. expedia.

i am [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. Puffer

Puffer 250+ Posts

i 2nd isla mujeres

9. thebiz

thebiz < 25 Posts

isla mujeres was fun, cheap.